Menu

Question about GroupMe

DoraBora

Do any of you have experience with GroupMe?  I'm part of a group that wants to use this, but in the past, group messages have been a problem for me because my phone explodes with 200 texts (people in the group answering with thumbs-up emojis and lols).  I will lose the important stuff in all of the chatter.

Is there a "digest" function for GroupMe (such as just the first message in the thread coming to me and then I choose to click on it)?  I started to look at their website, but couldn't find anything and I need to give the admin an answer.

Thank you...

You can mute the conversation so you don't get the buzzing notification on your phone. I had to do that with a couple of the groups when the girls would start talking. We used it for church to keep the kids in the loop since they aren't on facebook.

• Like 2

I have notifications muted. I’m on three different feeds for cheer, and all three post often the same announcement at the same time, leading my poor phone to practically jump up and down.