Menu

June 2019 SAT results

20 minutes ago, Mbelle said:

We were worried about the curve too, but ds did very well and got over what he was shooting for so we are done with standardized testing!!  Woohoo!

He wasy trying to up his math just a few more points and he did!

That's excellent!  Dd will probably try to up hers a few more points just to put her in the best position for scholarships, but she did super and we don't have to worry about future testing bc of a tough curve. Phew!

• Like 2

I just started a thread about this because my DS was disappointed in his score 😞

It's a good score and I'm not disappointed at all! But he thought he'd done better than that because he thought the test was pretty easy. Maybe the tough curve you're talking about is the reason why he didn't score as highly as he thought he would?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Momto6inIN said:

I just started a thread about this because my DS was disappointed in his score 😞

It's a good score and I'm not disappointed at all! But he thought he'd done better than that because he thought the test was pretty easy. Maybe the tough curve you're talking about is the reason why he didn't score as highly as he thought he would?

Well my ds wanted to get 10 more points in math than he did.  He did get his overall score what he wanted, but the other 10 points went to the English section.  It's fine though.  One of the things he is considering majoring in is at a college where his score is well above the norm at that school anyway, so he'll be fine if he goes that route.  The other school is tough to get into and he's  just above the avg there so it could go either way.  He's fine transfering if necessary so really he's done with testing. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, freesia said:

We just got dd's results and are very pleased.  I know there was some discussion of whether the curve was going to be brutal.  What do you think?

I hope everyone else did well.

Btw, glad she got good results! 👍

• Like 1