Menu
Jump to content

What's with the ads?

Recommended Posts

We just got dd's results and are very pleased.  I know there was some discussion of whether the curve was going to be brutal.  What do you think?

I hope everyone else did well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were worried about the curve too, but ds did very well and got over what he was shooting for so we are done with standardized testing!!  Woohoo!

He wasy trying to up his math just a few more points and he did!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mbelle said:

We were worried about the curve too, but ds did very well and got over what he was shooting for so we are done with standardized testing!!  Woohoo!

He wasy trying to up his math just a few more points and he did!

That's excellent!  Dd will probably try to up hers a few more points just to put her in the best position for scholarships, but she did super and we don't have to worry about future testing bc of a tough curve. Phew!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just started a thread about this because my DS was disappointed in his score 😞

It's a good score and I'm not disappointed at all! But he thought he'd done better than that because he thought the test was pretty easy. Maybe the tough curve you're talking about is the reason why he didn't score as highly as he thought he would?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Momto6inIN said:

I just started a thread about this because my DS was disappointed in his score 😞

It's a good score and I'm not disappointed at all! But he thought he'd done better than that because he thought the test was pretty easy. Maybe the tough curve you're talking about is the reason why he didn't score as highly as he thought he would?

 Well my ds wanted to get 10 more points in math than he did.  He did get his overall score what he wanted, but the other 10 points went to the English section.  It's fine though.  One of the things he is considering majoring in is at a college where his score is well above the norm at that school anyway, so he'll be fine if he goes that route.  The other school is tough to get into and he's  just above the avg there so it could go either way.  He's fine transfering if necessary so really he's done with testing. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, freesia said:

We just got dd's results and are very pleased.  I know there was some discussion of whether the curve was going to be brutal.  What do you think?

I hope everyone else did well.

Btw, glad she got good results! 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointed here.  Hoped for higher that previous scores and got the same and lower.  

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, EKS said:

Disappointed here.  Hoped for higher that previous scores and got the same and lower.  

I'm sorry, EKS.  That is so frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also was worried about the reported curve - but both kids' scores were pretty much exactly as expected here! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...