Menu

MOG-Ab disease?

AngieW in Texas

I'm looking for any information I can find about MOG antibody disease. My dd's first MRI was two weeks ago and after seeing the inflammation on the spinal cord, the neurologist order more MRIs (will happen next week) and some bloodwork. The bloodwork showed that she tested postive for MOG antibody, so she has been transferred to the neurologist who specializes in MS and MS-like diseases.

The appointment with the new neurologist will be in three weeks. In the meantime, she has one more bloodwork test to go get on Friday (they just told us about it today at 5pm) and she has been told to start taking vitamin D daily since that was low.

This is the site with the best information I could find: https://myelitis.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/2018_MOG_F.pdf

There's a lot of information out there about MS, but not so much about this. We don't have a definitive diagnosis yet either. I know that false positives do occur with MOG.

I've requested to join a facegroup book for MOG, but that was just a few minutes ago, so I expect that to take a while.

• Sad 1