Menu

Did PayPal change?

ScoutTN

My balance is not being automatically applied to PP purchases as it was in the past. Can someone explian how this works now? I searched on the site some, but didn't get any answers. 

We do not link PP to our bank acct., only a credit card. 

Yes, I think something has. Last time I was paid for something, I went and it was "pending." And I had to either transfer it to my bank account or *something else* (can't remember what the choice was, but I couldn't just leave it as a PP balance to use.) Different from how I was previously using PP. 

• Like 1

I just had the same experience.  I use it rarely, but thought I had a balance I could use for a purchase.  But I had to log in and "accept" payment and then choose whether it would go to my bank account immediately (there was a fee for that) or wait a day (free).  When I tried to apply it to a purchase it wanted me to set up some kind of cash account with them which I declined.  I don't need it to be more complicated - I rarely use paypal anymore.  

• Thanks 1

You should have gotten at least one email from PayPal about the change-I got my first back in Feb I think:

As a result of a new regulation issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in Washington, D.C. coming into effect on April 1, 2019, we are making some changes that will affect consumers who want to hold and use balance with PayPal. 

Beginning March 29, 2019, if you want to hold and use balance, in addition to verifying your identity with PayPal, you will need a balance account which will be linked to your current PayPal account. Detailed information about balance accounts (known as PayPal Cash and PayPal Cash Plus) can be found in the  PayPal Cash and PayPal Cash Plus Terms and Conditions.

• Thanks 1