Jump to content

Menu

FDA lists dog food brands linked to DCM


Recommended Posts

Very few forums on the internet have no censorship, and I somehow doubt you're all that interested in 4chan, Bill.  (judging by political affiliation, though I could be wrong).  All they censor is spam and illegal material and off-topic things.

This forum has some direct, overt censorship, of course (no politics, no bashing Halloween in a what-costume-will-you-wear thread, no personal attacks (interpreted very inconsistently, imo)), but mostly it has a lot of soft censorship (covert), because it's mainly a forum of women, who like to get along.  

Every conservative person on these boards and I bet many liberals feel the reality of this constantly when posting here; we refrain from saying what we really think all.the.time in a thead that's not directly about that because we value other aspects of the community more than the need to state our beliefs about everything, especially over and over.

Now, personally, I would prefer a less censored forum, both overtly and covertly, but this is the one we've got and most of the time I make my peace with that.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agree. I am actually surprised that mods allow Spy Car to stay on this site as he constantly derails threads to the detriment of everyone. 

I see at the end of this publication, the authors state that there appears to be no absolute requirement for carbohydrates as long as they get sufficient protein. Elsewhere in the publication though,

This has been on my mind lately since my dog was recently diagnosed with DCM.  Our food is not on that list (Canidae Pure), but we fed grain-free and needed chicken free (gives him the runs.)  It did

16 minutes ago, Ktgrok said:

censor other peoples expression is how you are taking it, explaining social norms and polite discussion is how I meant it. No one is saying you should not feed your dog the way you want, or even promote it. But constantly dismissing other people's choices, and steamrolling over posts like mine, where I was discussing types of kibble to again proselytize for raw food, is off-putting. I can't keep you from doing it - therefore I cannot censor you. But I and several others have asked you not to, as it does more harm to your cause than good. 

 

Who elected you the Queen of Social Norms? Telling me what I can and can not post (something you do very frequently) is bloody rude.

I'm not "proselytize for raw food." Your false attributions are off-putting.

I don't "have a cause" other than to offer an alternative to unnatural kibble diets.

Knock it off please.

Bill

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, moonflower said:

Very few forums on the internet have no censorship, and I somehow doubt you're all that interested in 4chan, Bill.  (judging by political affiliation, though I could be wrong).  All they censor is spam and illegal material and off-topic things.

This forum has some direct, overt censorship, of course (no politics, no bashing Halloween in a what-costume-will-you-wear thread, no personal attacks (interpreted very inconsistently, imo)), but mostly it has a lot of soft censorship (covert), because it's mainly a forum of women, who like to get along.  

Every conservative person on these boards and I bet many liberals feel the reality of this constantly when posting here; we refrain from saying what we really think all.the.time in a thead that's not directly about that because we value other aspects of the community more than the need to state our beliefs about everything, especially over and over.

Now, personally, I would prefer a less censored forum, both overtly and covertly, but this is the one we've got and most of the time I make my peace with that.

SWB has some rules in place that I abide by. I have no idea what 4chan is.

I first learned about PMR raw feeding on this forum. I'm grateful that I did. I'm convinced with promotes optimal health and condition in dogs.

I also think when any species is fed foods that they were not shaped by evolution to thrive on that they will experience health issues. It isn't nice to mess with Mother Nature.

Bill

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Spy Car said:

I'm not "proselytize for raw food." Your false attributions are off-putting.

 

 

 

3 minutes ago, Spy Car said:

I'm convinced with promotes optimal health and condition in dogs.

I also think when any species is fed foods that they were not shaped by evolution to thrive on that they will experience health issues. It isn't nice to mess with Mother Nature.

Bill

proselytize

(British proselytise)

1Convert or attempt to convert (someone) from one religion, belief, or opinion to another.

1.1Advocate or promote (a belief or course of action)

When you refuse to let others discuss food you don't agree with without explaining to them over and over and over again that they are doing it wrong and should do things your way, that is proselytizing. Saying it once is giving an opinion. What you are doing goes beyond that. WE all understand how you feel on the subject, and should be able to discuss choices in kibble without you repeating over and over gain that we should feed raw instead.I'm not the only one calling you out on this. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ktgrok said:

 

proselytize

(British proselytise)

1Convert or attempt to convert (someone) from one religion, belief, or opinion to another.

1.1Advocate or promote (a belief or course of action)

When you refuse to let others discuss food you don't agree with without explaining to them over and over and over again that they are doing it wrong and should do things your way, that is proselytizing. Saying it once is giving an opinion. What you are doing goes beyond that. WE all understand how you feel on the subject, and should be able to discuss choices in kibble without you repeating over and over gain that we should feed raw instead.I'm not the only one calling you out on this. 

More lies and falsehoods. What is your problem?

I've asked you to stop this harassment multiple times, yet you dare lecture me about saying things over and over?

Kibble isn't the only way to feed dogs. There is a healthier option. Stop trying to silence me. You do not have that right.

Bill

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Spy Car said:

More lies and falsehoods. What is your problem?

I've asked you to stop this harassment multiple times, yet you dare lecture me about saying things over and over?

Kibble isn't the only way to feed dogs. There is a healthier option. Stop trying to silence me. You do not have that right.

Bill

 

I've told zero lies and yet you continually accuse me of lying. That's the harassment. And explaining that your tactics are off putting is not silencing you. Obviously. As you keep doing it. Even in this post you are doing the very thing I said you are doing, when you accused me of lying. 

crying harassment when someone says something you don't like is doesn't make it harassment. Asking you to please allow others  to discuss something without you shoving your choice in their face over and over and over again is not silencing you. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ktgrok said:

I've told zero lies and yet you continually accuse me of lying. That's the harassment. And explaining that your tactics are off putting is not silencing you. Obviously. As you keep doing it. Even in this post you are doing the very thing I said you are doing, when you accused me of lying. 

crying harassment when someone says something you don't like is doesn't make it harassment. Asking you to please allow others  to discuss something without you shoving your choice in their face over and over and over again is not silencing you. 

For the love of god, please stop!

You are being very obnoxious. Talk about being "off-putting."

People are allowed to have opinions that differ from yours. And I do. 

Bill

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spy Car said:

For the love of god, please stop!

You are being very obnoxious. Talk about being "off-putting."

People are allowed to have opinions that differ from yours. And I do. 

Bill

I think Katy has done a good job explaining what makes your posts so off putting, though she has let a lot of things slide that I would have called out. Like that you continually tell people to “stop it” “knock it off” or “cool it”, which is closer to forum policing than anything anyone else has posted in this thread. 

Also, what lies and falsehoods are you accusing Katy of? I looked over the post you responded to with that, and I can’t imagine what part you are calling a lie. 

More and more, I start wondering if you’re just messing with people, because this all makes no sense otherwise. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kand said:

I think Katy has done a good job explaining what makes your posts so off putting, though she has let a lot of things slide that I would have called out. Like that you continually tell people to “stop it” “knock it off” or “cool it”, which is closer to forum policing than anything anyone else has posted in this thread. 

Also, what lies and falsehoods are you accusing Katy of? I looked over the post you responded to with that, and I can’t imagine what part you are calling a lie. 

More and more, I start wondering if you’re just messing with people, because this all makes no sense otherwise. 

Her name is Katie. 

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay.

Bill

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am the OP of this thread. It was started for the purpose of informing members here of the DCM issue and particularly about what foods have been implicated in that issue. I did NOT start it to be a debate about what or how to feed. Anyone who wants to do that can of course start their own thread. If this thread doesn't mostly get back on topic, then I will ask the mods to lock it. Not delete, because IMO the info shared is useful. The bickering and name calling and proselytizing isn't, and I'm pretty sure nobody wants to be wasting their time reading through it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kand said:

Sorry, Katie. I’m always on mobile, so don’t see sigs to reference for spellings. I’ve been here ten years, though, so I should know your spelling by now. 

It's fine 🙂

Like you said, unless you can see the signature you wouldn't know. KT works too, lol. I knew who you meant. 

I'm just giggling at the "welcome" you got after 3K posts. 

Edited by Ktgrok
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pawz4me said:

I am the OP of this thread. It was started for the purpose of informing members here of the DCM issue and particularly about what foods have been implicated in that issue. I did NOT start it to be a debate about what or how to feed. Anyone who wants to do that can of course start their own thread. If this thread doesn't mostly get back on topic, then I will ask the mods to lock it. Not delete, because IMO the info shared is useful. The bickering and name calling and proselytizing isn't, and I'm pretty sure nobody wants to be wasting their time reading through it.

Calling solutions that look at the actual sources of the problem--ie feeding dogs unnatural plant proteins and carbohydrates--"proselytizing" IS NAME CALLING.

There are other ways to avoid issues like DCM than switching between two problematic approaches with grain-free and grain-inclusive kibbles.

Bill

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spy Car said:

Calling solutions that look at the actual sources of the problem--ie feeding dogs unnatural plant proteins and carbohydrates--"proselytizing" IS NAME CALLING.

There are other ways to avoid issues like DCM than switching between two problematic approaches with grain-free and grain-inclusive kibbles.

Bill

 

 

 

 

Defensive much, Bill?

Nowhere did I say you were the one proselytizing. That you assumed it was you says quite a lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Pawz4me said:

Defensive much, Bill?

Nowhere did I say you were the one proselytizing. That you assumed it was you says quite a lot.

Agree. I am actually surprised that mods allow Spy Car to stay on this site as he constantly derails threads to the detriment of everyone. 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...