Menu

What's with the ads?

Home'scool

I finally had my day in court!

3 minutes ago, Harriet Vane said:

Any word?

I trust we will hear when she does! But I also want to ask because maybe homeschool is too busy out celebrating to update us!!!

Seriously, I hope the delay is due to the judge taking time to review all the history of this case and constructing a ruling that will be challenge proof. 

• Like 1

Still no news?  I'm about ready to get together a posse and storm the judge's office.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Because her ex is so crazy I did double check to see that she has been on the boards.  So I guess there is still no ruling. I know she will let us know asap.

• Like 1

Just a (non) update .... It has been about 7 weeks since we finished the trial. When I checked in with my attorney she said it could be "months" before we get a decision. Ugh. I'm hoping it is not that long. I can only move on with my life so much without this situation being wrapped up 😞

• Like 2
  • Sad 26

3 hours ago, Home'scool said:

Just a (non) update .... It has been about 7 weeks since we finished the trial. When I checked in with my attorney she said it could be "months" before we get a decision. Ugh. I'm hoping it is not that long. I can only move on with my life so much without this situation being wrapped up 😞

I’m sorry for your long wait!

Genuine question, though - why does it take so long? Does the judge alone make a decision, or are others involved? Does s/he act solely on the information provided at the hearing, or do they do more investigation?

I am truly curious about the process, and how it affects how long it takes to bring down a ruling.  

• Thanks 1

Ok, I spoke to soon .... maybe? According to my lawyer, the clerk mailed out the judge's ruling yesterday (9/12/19) --- so as soon as my attorney gets it in the mail they will email to me. I am assuming that will be Monday. I can't believe they MAIL the freakin' thing instead of emailing it! I guess I shouldn't complain (but I will) -- my attorney said she really thought it would take longer.

The way it was explained to me, it takes so long depending on how many cases the judge has before mine to review. I believe she has to research law stuff etc. So while ours would seem to be straightforward (no child custody or support issues, no property squabbles, anything messy like that) it still depends on how many cases are before us.

There will be a lot of drinking this weekend for sure.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Maybe your attorney will get it today? Local mail around here often arrives in just one day.

Fingers and toes all crossed for you!

• Like 4

hoping for justice for you, it's nice when evil gets its reward.  Crossing my fingers and toes, I hope you get good and fair news on Monday! 

Edited by Hen

19 hours ago, Home'scool said:

Ok, I spoke to soon .... maybe? According to my lawyer, the clerk mailed out the judge's ruling yesterday (9/12/19) --- so as soon as my attorney gets it in the mail they will email to me. I am assuming that will be Monday. I can't believe they MAIL the freakin' thing instead of emailing it! I guess I shouldn't complain (but I will) -- my attorney said she really thought it would take longer.

The way it was explained to me, it takes so long depending on how many cases the judge has before mine to review. I believe she has to research law stuff etc. So while ours would seem to be straightforward (no child custody or support issues, no property squabbles, anything messy like that) it still depends on how many cases are before us.

Yes, that's how it is in our area too. You never know how long it will take, and then they mail it.