Menu

What do you all do for photo identification for your pre-learner's permit aged children for these tests?

My oldest had a passport already. 2nd didn't take any of these tests.

When 3rd went to the local hs for the PSAT they started to give us a hard time because all she had was her paper "learner's permit" which she had gotten the day before... until one of the girls who knew her said "Janie!! What are you doing here? Are you taking the PSAT?" Problem solved (we live in a small town). :)

But #4 may not be so fortunate, and I'm trying to think ahead.

Thanks a bunch!

You can get an ID card at the local DMV.

We had one issued for our oldest dd when she was 10, because she was flying to Disneyworld with her Grandmother and the airline requested a photo ID.

I think it cost around $10. We needed a copy of her birth certificate and her social security card.

ask me how I know this.

When my son took the PSAT locally, they accepted a photo ID card from our homeschool group. I believe that the ID requirements are much more strict for the SAT & ACT, so I got him a passport before he took any of those tests.

If you have the time, I'd get the passport. I believe that the College Board's website also has a procedure for meeting the ID requirements that involves a photo and a letter from the local school or school board. You can check their website for details.

I still haven't gotten an answer to the question of why my state doesn't issue photo IDs to persons under 16 years of age. Makes no sense to me.

Brenda

I made home-made student ID cards for my children. They were a photo ID with the school name, student name, and principal's signature (dh's). I then used a small laminating machine and had wonderful student ID cards.

They even used these at the airport.

This last year I did go ahead and have my 14 yo dd get a MN ID card. It seemed simpler to get one from the state then there will be no question about its acceptability for testing.

HTH

I made home-made student ID cards for my children. They were a photo ID with the school name, student name, and principal's signature (dh's). I then used a small laminating machine and had wonderful student ID cards.

We did the same thing. Google student id card and you'll get an idea of what the card should look like. If you don't have a laminator lots of office supply store will laminate for a small fee.

Ria