Menu

Two Blogger Questions...

Hi all...hope someone takes pity on me to answer yet another blog question.

#1: Using blogger I'd like to create a link on my main page to some of my posts that are archived. I could easily do that, but this one is tricky. I have a "Link of the Day" post and I would like to feature that so one could just click and see all the Links of the Day I've done. How on earth do I do that? I can't seem to wrap my head around figuring it out.

#2: How do I capture a web page to show on my blog?

Thanks for helping out with yet another blog question!

Hmmm... For #1, could you tag them all, and then have your tags listed in your sidebar? Then if someone clicked "Link of the Day", all the posts tagged Link of the Day would come up. Is that kind of what you're thinking?

For #2, I use ScreenHunter. It is a free download that enables you to click and drag over anything on your desktop (any program, web page, it will even freeze a flash animation and allow you to capture a screen shot of it) and saves it as a jpeg. Just Google ScreenHunter and it should pull up several places to download it.

Okay, ladies...screenhunter is perfect and just what I am looking for.

I'll try out the "link to the labeled tags" sort of thing, but I was thinking it would take one to the address I LINKED at the time but not update it, get what I mean? Because i update the "Link of the day" well, er, daily. Does that make an ounce of sense?

Maybe I"ll just have to give it a try and play around....thanks!

what I do with my SIR list on my blog is to have a whole other page which lists the links and put an icon in my sidebar which links to that page. All I have on the blog proper is the icon proper. Perhaps you could update the separate page everytime you do a Link of the Day? No, that sounds sort of time-consuming. Never mind! :D

Well, that is certainly an option...to have a link to a LINK page if I understand you correctly.

I did think of a new update every time I posted a new Link O the Day....

Thanks for your help ladies...I thought maybe I was overlooking some obvious way to do it.