Menu

What's with the ads?

Farrar

Anyone else’s notifications gone wonky?

It’s not showing notifications unless I click on them, and some seem to be getting repeated or have the wrong time stamp. Basically it’s as if they’re Facebook notifications - completely random and not for everything.

• Like 3

Hey Farrar,

Sorry for the frustration. Approximately when did this start? I will look into it now. If it continues or looks like part of a bigger problem, I'll get our (bigger and better) tech people on it. In the meantime, keep us updated as to the status of the issue and, hopefully, others will chime in as well.

Thanks.

Yesterday. It started midday maybe? Right now, it doesn’t show new notifications numbers at all on Safari on iPhone unless I click the little notifications icon. On Chrome for Windows, it’s hit or miss. Sometimes it says I have new ones and they’re ones I saw ages ago. But then sometimes there’s an older one that says it’s new. It’s very odd.

It’s obviously not the worst thing ever. Ican easily use the site, but it does seem like there’s a bug.

• Like 1

I was having this problem yesterday. Today, the notifications don't repeat, but they are grayed out instead of bold, as if I've already clicked each individual notification to take me to the post.

• Like 1

Yes, mine have been wonky for a few weeks.

Mine stopped being all out of order, but the odd highlighting thing that indicates that I've read notifications I've haven't and haven't read notifications that I have persists. Oh well.

Yes, mine are all messed up too. They've been this way for a number of days now.