Menu

Anyone else’s notifications gone wonky?

Farrar

Hey Farrar,

Sorry for the frustration. Approximately when did this start? I will look into it now. If it continues or looks like part of a bigger problem, I'll get our (bigger and better) tech people on it. In the meantime, keep us updated as to the status of the issue and, hopefully, others will chime in as well.

Thanks.

Yesterday. It started midday maybe? Right now, it doesn’t show new notifications numbers at all on Safari on iPhone unless I click the little notifications icon. On Chrome for Windows, it’s hit or miss. Sometimes it says I have new ones and they’re ones I saw ages ago. But then sometimes there’s an older one that says it’s new. It’s very odd.

It’s obviously not the worst thing ever. Ican easily use the site, but it does seem like there’s a bug.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Realization! Whereas the old notifications were bolded if you had not seen them and not bolded if you had, the new notifications are bolded if there are new posts in the thread and not bolded if there aren’t! That’s actually very useful.

I really did have a couple of days where mine were misordered and not showing...but it must have been some sort of update issue? Since then, it’s just been the bolding thing that mildly confused me. Now I get it.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 10:00 AM, Farrar said:

Realization! Whereas the old notifications were bolded if you had not seen them and not bolded if you had, the new notifications are bolded if there are new posts in the thread and not bolded if there aren’t! That’s actually very useful.

I really did have a couple of days where mine were misordered and not showing...but it must have been some sort of update issue? Since then, it’s just been the bolding thing that mildly confused me. Now I get it.

That is great! Thank you for taking the mystery out of the notifications!

I'm glad things seem to have stabilized in general. There was an update, and in fact, I believe there is another maintenance update due now too. Hopefully the forums will remain copacetic!