Menu

What's with the ads?

Æthelthryth the Texan

s/o grocery strategies. Favorite store brand groceries/products?

Mine in no particular order- 

Sam's- Members Mark Select a Size Paper towels. They beat Bounty, hands down. I could make one of those 1980's commercials with the blue mess to prove it.  We also like their Member's Mark toilet paper. It doesn't leave a sea of lint covering every surface of the water closet, but it's also not single ply like other  store brands, ahem Costco. 

Member's Mark Paper Plates. Sturdy. And Cheap. 

HEB (local South/Central Texas grocer)- I have to say the vast majority of their HEB and Central Market store products are awesome. Orange Juice, Milk, Bread, canned goods... I'm not a big fan of their Hill Country Fare line though when it comes to bread or canned goods. I can tell the quality difference at that point. But the HEB or Central Market products are often even better than the mainline brands imo. I only wish their stores were not so completely chaotic 24/7! 

• Like 1

Oooooh I like this idea.  I like learning about different products.

I like Kroger sweet & tangy bbq sauce.  

• Like 1

My guys prefer the Walmart (Great Choice?) brand of Heinz 57, and DH says Walmart's frozen fruit bars are every bit as good as the Outshine brand.

• Like 1

I have another-- Walmart's Marketside brand Spinach Artichoke dip. They substituted something different for it today when dh picked up groceries there, and it is definitely not the same. I gave the imposter to the chickens, who did seem to enjoy it, but I sure as heck didn't. It's probably for the best because I can burn through that stuff! 

I prefer fred Meyer's ?president? brand white chocolate chips.  it actually contains cocoa butter - unlike Nestle's or Ghirardelli.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 9:13 AM, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

HEB (local South/Central Texas grocer)- I have to say the vast majority of their HEB and Central Market store products are awesome. Orange Juice, Milk, Bread, canned goods... I'm not a big fan of their Hill Country Fare line though when it comes to bread or canned goods. I can tell the quality difference at that point. But the HEB or Central Market products are often even better than the mainline brands imo. I only wish their stores were not so completely chaotic 24/7! 

Only because I completely agree otherwise ... I want to add how annoying it is that HEB often ceases carrying a (competing) name brand when they introduce their store brand product, because sometimes it's not equivalent. 

• Like 1