Menu

Who's going to tackle Tuesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

school

continue to figure out camp schedule on Excel.  I just need to be able to print it out at this point. . .   

Dh's birthday!

I'm going to be ambitious and will make a flourless chocolate cake for dessert

not sure what to make for the supper part. 

Town hall?  I'm a bit overwhelmed by my own things but I got an email from a city council member urging me to come and now I'm conflicted. . .   

• Like 7

Return overdue books, renew others that will be overdue because I'm reading very slow (one's the biography of a female cryptologist who helped to found the NSA.  Brilliant, but definitely a read to savor)

Print ds's packing list.  Take inventory of his things and go shopping for the rest.

Cancel his violin lesson today.

Laundry, dishes, etc. up through making dinner.

• Like 8

A quiet, rainy day here. Breakfast casserole is in the oven. 

Working on school prep (9th grade English) at the library most of the day. 

Get CSA box. 

Dinner is probably stir fry. Need some rice or noodles. Getting chx out of the freezer now. 

Praying for my ds to have a better evening/night at scout camp tonight! For a tentmate and some encouragement from the older boys. Texting a friend and a nephew who are there to see if they can find him and speak to him  later today. Praying for the rain to go away too. 

• Like 7

Good morning and Happy Birthday to Mr. Jean!  I have become so lazy that I have decided I will not sit down until I accomplish the following today:

-coffee
-workout (cardio and weight circuit)
-deep clean kitchen (nope - no way this gets done today especially since I am going to try to do some cooking later)
-deep clean master bathroom and bedroom
-go to Publix

-go to senior portrait appointment at noon with DS18 (the photographer said the "presentation" of the "photo shoot" will take 1.5 hours.  All I see are $$$$$$$ flashing before my eyes)
-get one honors class worth of paperwork done for homeschool accountability group (6 down, 3 to go)
-make sure DS14 is reviewing Spanish I and getting some summer work accomplished
-pull some weeds outside

after that is all done:

-read
-make dinner (maybe a roast beef and Selkie's corn salad)
-binge watch 24 with kids (I have fallen asleep during the last 2 episodes)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 6

Good morning!

Scout, I hope it's a better day for your ds. He's in a tent by himself? That sounds lonely.🙁

• school w/dd
  • office work
  • send check to hay guy
  • order my new planner, if I can get site to work (our internet has been so slow lately)
  • clean my office
  • straighten up a few messy bookshelves
  • water plants
  • vet appt. at 2:15 for Adequan injection & heartworm test
  • dinner: ginger citrus soba noodles with tofu
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 7

Happy Birthday, Mr. Jean!  The flourless chocolate cake sounds yummy! 

Scout, I do hope your ds has a better day at camp today/tonight. Poor guy; this is his first time, right? 

Pink, good luck getting all your things done! 

I am feeling much better today, and got all the house chores done yesterday despite the migraine/sleeping, so today is work on quilt, take DS to fencing, work on quilt. That.Is.All. Well, ha, figure out something for dinner. I'll pull out some ground beef and DH & I can run to the grocery store and get stuff for the corn salad and turn this into taco tuesday. 

So, coffee/blogs/emails, then quilt stuff until lunch. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Selkie said:

Scout, I hope it's a better day for your ds. He's in a tent by himself? That sounds lonely.🙁

Exactly! Especially for an extroverted kid. Just him and the spiders...

They have canvas tents on a platform with two cots in each. 

It is really a leader fail. Someone should have considered the just-crossed-over scout. He is the only one of the new boys at camp. They leave the boys free to choose their tentmate, but we were almost the last ones there (even though we were exactly on time for when they said to arrive) and all the boys he knows were already buddied-up. I think they will fix it for tonight/the rest of the week. 

It is his first time at Boy Scout camp, though he has been to sleep away camp (in another state!) for a week every summer since he was 9. BSA camp is less than an hour from home. He has been there before with dh for Webelos camps, but being a Boy Scout is a whole 'nother thing. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, SKL said:

I hope the scout leaders take care of what your son needs, Scout.

Thanks!

Leader texted dh this morning and he seems to be doing fine. I think the issue is being alone in a tent at night, (when he's tired, with the bugs...) and I think they are going to ask the older boys to rearrange so ds gets a tentmate. A litle company will go a long way. Hopefully, the rain will let up and he will be so tired by bedtime that he just falls asleep as soon as he hits the cot!  

He is very compassionate. Next year, he will be the one to volunteer to tent with a new scout or one whose not been to camp before!

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6

Happy Tuesday.  I was up in the wee hours and I won 2048 (for my first and probably only time, as I have vowed not to play that game any more except on vacation); I also played with my Rubik's Cube until it was solved, but I still don't get it.  I swear I will figure it out if it's the last thing I do. 😛

So I did not get much sleep, but I did set the alarm a bit early in the hope that I would feel like working.  It took me a long time to fall asleep and no, I did not feel like waking up before 7am.

I remembered to write a check (barely) for the kids to take to camp today.  The plan is to buy a 2nd Tshirt so we don't have to wash every day, and also contribute toward the desserts since they didn't get enough volunteers to bake them.  Here's hoping my kids remember to do their part of this.

Had to talk about work while trying to get my kids' morning clothes and breakfast going ... please just don't!

Got the kids out and got myself ready for the day - ate the kids' leftovers, cleaned the kitchen, coffee #1, a little bit of reading, caught up on news, social media, emails.

To do:

• Lots of client work!
  • More coffee.
  • Switch out the laundry.
  • Yoga and exercise - all that cake and stuff is killing me.
  • Sift through emails and make sure I'm not forgetting important stuff!
  • Any housework I manage to finish.
  • Order a pizza for the kids' dinner.
  • Might have a handyman guy over to do some work.
  • Kid 2 has horse riding.
  • Kid 1 has gymnastics.
  • Make the kids do some math, music practice, journal, Bible reading, and whatever else gets done in between their extracurriculars.
  • Whatever else gets done.

• Like 8

Morning all!

Well...

Because we switched doctors and had to push back appointments, AND because one child has something that looks and acts like a tick bite gone rashy and other symptoms, AND because crazy me thought this sounded like a good idea three months ago when I was speaking to the very nice scheduler at the dentist's office, we have FOUR appointments today. Two at the doctor's office this morning, and if everything doesn't go late we have just enough time to come home for a very quick lunch and make sure the older boys haven't burned the house down, and then two dentist appointments this afternoon.

I have to take the three younger kids with me for all of this. 

I put an extra scoop of coffee in the pot this morning. 🙂

Thankfully, my migraine has faded somewhat.  The ghost is there, but I can push through with that.

So,

• dr appts
  • maybe lunch
  • dentist appts
  • laundry, tidy, supper (homemade pizza!)
  • try to finish grading older boy's English credit and maybe begin Spanish final grading work.  Maybe.
  • Like 7

Good morning! Happy Birthday to your dh, Jean! And Scout, sending good thoughts for camp for your ds. 

Today is a hodgepodge of things. We had thunderstorms and rain last night, so the garden is looking lovely. The rose-eating squirrel is nowhere to be seen this morning- I may be winning that battle- at least for yesterday.

• coffee/paper
  • take ds3 to tennis
  • wander garden- keep an eye out for the squirrel and weed a little
  • make appointments- failed to do that yesterday
  • update calendar
  • chores/go over first drafts of ds3's papers
  • lunch with ds3
  • girls have their own schedule of chores-gym, DMV, etc
  • ds2 has his list of things
  • whatever I manage to get done after lunch
  • judo

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Ugh, a client who sent me an email yesterday afternoon just emailed my boss this morning all frantic that I had not responded yet.  So now my boss thinks there is a big crisis and I'm the cause.  We both responded this morning and his reply was, "great, I knew you guys would be on it - I just heard some horror stories about other people."

Ruined my day.

And I was on a good roll.

Back to those dang reports.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

SKL & Margaret, sorry for the folks not doing their jobs/freaking out/etc. and making your jobs more difficult. 😞 Stuff like that is so annoying.  (and now I'm hoping I wrote an appropriate letter when I did the rec. letter for a friend for Eagle....he made it, so I guess so?! Yikes.) 

I got one hill done. Going to be slow going, but not hard. Just tedious. Took a break to eat some food. Grabbing some tea and getting back to it. If I can get at least all of one side done before we leave for fencing, that would be good.  I'm undoing blind stitches on the hills that are already on the border, trimming my "hills" pieces to fit into the "valley" space, blind stitching mine on, then blind stitching the lifted up "valley" back over my inserted hill. I'll try and get a pic later to show y'all. 

Okay, back to work. :yawn: 

• Like 7

Hi all    Happy Birthday to Jean's DH.  Sorry for BS camp trouble, Scout.  SKL, really sorry about that client.  As to games, the only one I am doing now takes a few minutes but I get distracted and hyperfocused sometimes too and time runs away.  Wow, Margaret.  I am so sorry about the cows.  Yeah, I am not hearing that well at times but I have also heard the cows from about a mile away too.  So close would be awful.  Sorry about missing the wedding.

• Do the 24 hour urine fail=== apparently I tried some other day so need new bottle, etc,.
  • try to schedule things when google calendar is up on computer again 
  • insurance garbage
  • pharmacy garbage
  • house cleaning i.e. still haven't found my keys cause I probably put them for safekeeping someplace and can't remember where
  • relax and lower blood pressure which has been high for no reason that I know of (lowering but not good enough yet)
  • hunt down medical results
  • hippa garbage and getting records to correct doctors
  • Watch recorded So You Think You Can Dance 
  • Listen to music
  • Eat on schedule and take meds
Edited by TravelingChris
  • Like 6

Well, got a few things out.  Now I am going to venture down for that second cup of coffee and hopefully switch out the laundry.  Boss / colleagues are all here right now so I don't know if I'll make it down and back without another "discussion" about work.

I hate this time of year.

I have about 100 balls in the air and no, I do not remember everything about every client when you ask me on the fly.

I am so glad I have help with driving my kids this week.  I think I will only have to do one short trip between now and Friday afternoon.

• Like 7

Good morning.

human care is done

pet care is done

medical care is done

morning exercises are done

Unexpected bonus from drinking massive amounts of magnesium.  My hair is better than it has been in 20 years.  It's still not the thick mane I always wanted, but my fine hair is now soft and manageable instead of wiry and fly-away and completely stubborn. 

• Like 7

So now I am really sad.  One of the tasks I had was to reschedule an appointment with my ob/gyn which had been cancelled last week and told to reschedule.  When I called, I found out that he died on Sunday.  He was a really good doctor who listened, kept up with medical news, and really cared for his patients and community.  

• Sad 6

chemistry lab done and graded

chemistry test was thought to be done but when I went to grade it, I saw that dd had only done half.  (#youhavetolookonbothsidesofthetest)

Dd is actually going to get done with school this year at the same time as the public school for the first time in memory!  We will actually have a summer off and can start next year with brand new subjects instead of looping around the subjects that we never got finished!  Woo hoo! 

• Like 7

Woohoo for your dd finishing school work, Jean! I am sure you both need the break.

Got my 4 hrs of school prep in, though I had to move to Starbucks because it was SO much quieter than the library! 

Grocery trip done. Snack/lunch done.

Next up:
Send an Evite
Cook chx and rice, chop veggies and make sauce. Maybe cook eggrolls.
Pick up CSA box
Finish stir fry
Head to the pool to meet friends

• Like 5

We made it through.  Kids were good, and the preschooler did not melt all over the place due to lack of nap.

Lyme suspect does indeed have Lyme, and is now on Doxy. Poor guy has a fever with chills and can't play with his buddy who has a new bike and wants to ride with him.

Other kids have lovely, perfect teeth (according to the dentist).  🙂 

My very dear husband brought home beef and rolls for burgers and bags of freezer fries so I don't have to think about supper.  Now he is making one of the grumbling teens wash the dishes that have piled up all day and no one thought to do anything with. 

After I reheat my morning coffee, I might just find the impetus to do some grading.  Or maybe not. 😉

Edited by Zoo Keeper
  • Like 6

One doctor appointment scheduled.  New bottle picked up for 24 hour urine, which took quite a while cause I initially got the other lab work done a month ago and have had 2 fails so far.    I convinced dd that we do not need to go to store today.  I am exhausted already and really didn't want to go.  I am doing laundry and computer stuff.

• Like 5

Chris, sorry to hear about your doctor; that is sad. 😞  I hope you're able to get your other tests and all done. 

I got *all* the hills added to the quilt!!! Finally. And before taking DS to fencing!!! So, yay! I now need to make & add little houses.....right now, I am sitting. Spent the morning hand sewing the hills; went to fencing; went to the grocery store for the few things we were low on; put away those groceries. Checked an email for DH. Now, sitting, having a snack, relaxing for a minute (or 20....) and then will go up and think about little fabric houses. 

Realized though at fencing that with VBS next week and DH's fishing trip the week after, that's 2 classes of fencing DS will miss....need to look at the calendar and see if there's an alternate day/time that works those weeks so he can still get 4 for this set of 30 days. Oops. But grateful they let you come any 4 times in your 30 days, you're not stuck to your specific class time.

Okay, vegging out for a bit. I'll try and get a pic in a while too, to show y'all the quilt. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

chemistry lab done and graded

chemistry test was thought to be done but when I went to grade it, I saw that dd had only done half.  (#youhavetolookonbothsidesofthetest)

Dd is actually going to get done with school this year at the same time as the public school for the first time in memory!  We will actually have a summer off and can start next year with brand new subjects instead of looping around the subjects that we never got finished!  Woo hoo! 

Wow, the public schools end so late????? The only place I knew which was later than middle of June was when we were stationed in Belgium and the American school followed the same schedule as all the other schools on the base and in the community. Which meant that July and August were off.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, TravelingChris said:

Wow, the public schools end so late????? The only place I knew which was later than middle of June was when we were stationed in Belgium and the American school followed the same schedule as all the other schools on the base and in the community. Which meant that July and August were off.

Our schools don't start until after Labor Day. 

• Like 4

Medical:  called ahead on a prescription that is running out in a couple of weeks.  Was told that I had to come in and see the doc and since he's going on vacation, I only had one option of when to see him.  Which is right after I have to see another doctor way across the Big City.  Called the other doc to see if I could push the appointment at all earlier but no such luck.  I absolutely hate being late for the second appointment but I might just have to suck it up and deal with it.  At least the second doc knows that it might be a short visit since my main reason to be there is to jump through a hoop to satisfy the State Medical Board. 

• Like 3

Ugh I just want to be a dropout!  Trying to motivate kids after I'm fried is ridiculous!

Apparently they failed to give my check to the camp folks.  Ugh.  I could not have been more clear about how important that was.

I had two clients call me unexpectedly and ask me stuff about the new government website that is dumb and poorly structured.  I'm pretty sure I sounded like an idiot.  Normally I would just let it go to voice mail and then call back when I am ready.  But we're getting so close to the deadline, I'm sure they wanted to connect with a human asap.  Although I may not have inspired endless confidence, I was able to find what they were looking for, so that is something ....

Also got a few other unexpected requests today.  No biggie, just less time to do what I had planned to do.

I forced myself to go through a bunch emails in my inbox and file them, so they would not bury the more important things.  I still have a lot more to do on that.

Ordered pizza for dinner.

Both kids are off at their evening activities, and I am craving a nap.  Might sneak a short one.

• Like 4

Realized today that I completely forgot about some important paperwork that should have been done at least a week ago. Now I'm going to have to scramble to do it tomorrow and it will be late. I really need to work on being less of a scatterbrain when it comes to work.

Dh is golfing and one kid is going to a car show, so I decided to take the night off from cooking.

• Like 4