Jump to content

Menu

Accountability Thread 6/16-6/22


Recommended Posts

Morning! June is flying by. I wonder if that means July and August will go just as fast. Boys are still out on vacation, so no school for us this week. Two weeks off should be just right. When they get back, I'll stake stock of what books we need and start putting together a list of what needs to be ordered. I meant to do that while they were gone, but writing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

oooh, you are my friend.  I need this thread this morning! 

4 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning! June is flying by. I wonder if that means July and August will go just as fast. Boys are still out on vacation, so no school for us this week. Two weeks off should be just right. When they get back, I'll stake stock of what books we need and start putting together a list of what needs to be ordered. I meant to do that while they were gone, but writing.

I hope your week is lovely, headache-free, pleasant weather &c. 

This week: keep recovering generally, celebrate little DS's 9th birthday (only one more year before my home runs out of the single-digits), engage some of our summer work, do plenty of art, keep organizing garden & house, exercise &c. 

Oh -- this is the biggie -- begin restoring damaged church relationships.  I don't think we can be part of the church community per se again (if nothing else, DH would go ballistic if I tried) but am seeing a way forward toward repairing/nurturing some specific relationships so that the "cut" heals nicely and the community is left whole.  This week: invite S. out to coffee & send a physical card; ask D. if we can talk or do coffee.  That should be a good start. 

ETA: forgot today's list!  and I need it. 

Finish yesterday's work: exercise; clean chalkboards; move desks.  Do piano & art & some reading with boys, work on cleaning their rooms.  Get more of the new plants into the garden beds, brush the dog out.  Find my school notes to use with my planning project, and do the first days of my housecleaning & budget bootcamps.  Ideally send some cute photo to DH of the boys looking lovable for Father's Day. 

 

 

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, happysmileylady said:

WOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

We are official for next year!  The review just emailed me back and said the portfolios are great and that I did a great job with the kids this year.  The paper work is in the mail today!!!!  I am SO relieved!

Yay!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My children came back early. They evidently did all they wanted to do and decided to come home three days early. Yesterday was supposed to be on and off stormy, so I wrote 8000 words (a lot for me in one day) and today we will go to the lake until it gets too hot to stand it, and then I'll write some more. Didn't anticipate having to plan outings for this week off, but here we are.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

My children came back early. They evidently did all they wanted to do and decided to come home three days early. Yesterday was supposed to be on and off stormy, so I wrote 8000 words (a lot for me in one day) and today we will go to the lake until it gets too hot to stand it, and then I'll write some more. Didn't anticipate having to plan outings for this week off, but here we are.

The consequence of building a great home life: the littles love being home!!!  😉  I don't know how it feels to you at the moment, but it would be a mixed bag to me; I love having my fellows & having them around, but I also cherish those short times when I get the house to myself.  I hope that your week goes well and am sending productive-writing thoughts your way. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, happysmileylady said:

WOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

We are official for next year!  The review just emailed me back and said the portfolios are great and that I did a great job with the kids this year.  The paper work is in the mail today!!!!  I am SO relieved!

🎉 celebrating for you: congratulations!  Thank you for sharing the good news!!!!  brightens my morning!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, serendipitous journey said:

The consequence of building a great home life: the littles love being home!!!  😉  I don't know how it feels to you at the moment, but it would be a mixed bag to me; I love having my fellows & having them around, but I also cherish those short times when I get the house to myself.  I hope that your week goes well and am sending productive-writing thoughts your way

Definitely! I am a huge introvert, but they are both introverted, too, so I know how it is to have fun and then need to be home and left alone to recover and process. 

Am getting a lot done, however, and they should enjoy a week off to do little except rest and either kayak or pursue their own projects at home.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning!  Today: finish what's left of my Weekend List 😉 , piano lessons early, make food elder DS can eat, prep. for younger DS's birthday on Thurs and finally get some exercise.  School is very light, math &c; and I've begun making progress on my bootcamps so I want to keep going on that.  I'm on about day 1.75 at the moment. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Afternoon! It's hot here. I'm writing, and the boys are mostly wondering what they can do. I'm strongly considering reminding them where the sweeper and the mop are kept. But they made their own breakfast, and own lunch, and so that's something. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2019 at 10:36 AM, Critterfixer said:

Afternoon! It's hot here. I'm writing, and the boys are mostly wondering what they can do. I'm strongly considering reminding them where the sweeper and the mop are kept. But they made their own breakfast, and own lunch, and so that's something. 

... 🙂  I'll be like -- with great enthusiasm -- "Oh!  Are you bored?" and they are all like "No! No!  We're having a great time wandering aimlessly!  No boredom here!" 

Except on the rare occasions when they are desperate enough to consider doing chores with me.  A couple of months ago I actually had to wrangle something up for the 8-year-old. 

Who is now, after a really lovely birthday, 9 years old.  Whoo-hoo! 

Today: survive with grace, don't cry in front of the children, be kind and calm.  Also piano practice for children; math & literature & some art; get organized to round out our summer plans this weekend.  Elder DS's tummy is acting up again, which is beyond demoralizing as well as exhausting (interferes with a good night's sleep), and I'm still depressed about loss of church community (because that was nearly our whole community, and with DS's stomach issues it is hard to start building up new friendships) and worried about how we'll get school done properly AND have time to re-center; we're still sort of exhausted from stuff. 

The good news: the marriage is good, the children are happy on average (minus DS's health issues) and I'm getting a better understanding of Scripture as I process the Church Disaster, which is always a great blessing.  And to make fellow Accountables (those who post & those who browse!) smile, here's a link to 20 Homeschooling Memes -- some may make you laugh out loud!  It is "second breakfast" that really tickles my funny bone today. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, serendipitous journey said:

... 🙂  I'll be like -- with great enthusiasm -- "Oh!  Are you bored?" and they are all like "No! No!  We're having a great time wandering aimlessly!  No boredom here!" 

Except on the rare occasions when they are desperate enough to consider doing chores with me.  A couple of months ago I actually had to wrangle something up for the 8-year-old. 

Who is now, after a really lovely birthday, 9 years old.  Whoo-hoo! 

Today: survive with grace, don't cry in front of the children, be kind and calm.  Also piano practice for children; math & literature & some art; get organized to round out our summer plans this weekend.  Elder DS's tummy is acting up again, which is beyond demoralizing as well as exhausting (interferes with a good night's sleep), and I'm still depressed about loss of church community (because that was nearly our whole community, and with DS's stomach issues it is hard to start building up new friendships) and worried about how we'll get school done properly AND have time to re-center; we're still sort of exhausted from stuff. 

The good news: the marriage is good, the children are happy on average (minus DS's health issues) and I'm getting a better understanding of Scripture as I process the Church Disaster, which is always a great blessing.  And to make fellow Accountables (those who post & those who browse!) smile, here's a link to 20 Homeschooling Memes -- some may make you laugh out loud!  It is "second breakfast" that really tickles my funny bone today. 

I'm their mother. They were doomed from the start. Cracks me up!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy ninth birthday!

I'm falling down on the job. Been writing so, so hard this week, really pushing my word count in preparation for July. I get to possibly cool out in August, and spend some time on those delightful things like synopses and query letters. Then after my agent gets done figuring out where I write good and where I write terrible, I get to spend September and October in the revision cave, and start gearing up for a smoking November of drafting again. Never a dull moment.

The boys have enjoyed their week off. I haven't done a thing to plan for the fall yet, but it's on my to-do list!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today: ideally, finish planning our year; at least, get through my "goals" part.  Improve soil under raspberries & in our driveway planters; spend some time with DH; exercise; straighten the house; prep for tomorrow -- have things ready to go to help with elder DS's tummy problems and to do a day of "school": we are S/T/Th "on" at the moment, with Saturdays for true rest and M/W/F as light days.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...