Menu

I only stepped away from the computer for a minute

Well, this is awkward. I stopped hanging out here about four years ago and when I got back, it's like my local supermarket completely rearranged all the shelves. I'm probably posting on the wrong board, but the General Ed board feels the most like the bread and dairy aisle. So if I'm lost, just point me toward the milk and pardon my muttering about mozzarella.

So... a re-introduction. I'm Brenda, I live in the Los Angeles area, and I started homeschooling in 2003 with a precocious 4yo. Found a copy of the first edition of WTM at a Crown Books and away we went. Sixteen years later, that 4yo is working her way through college, and this fall the rest of my minions will be in 12th, 11th, 6th, 5th, and 2nd. When I'm not doing school or church stuff, I'm helping my good friend start a blog and produce a writing curriculum.

I don't know if anyone remembers me from the old days of the Hive Mind (I also went by Brenda FOS), but I thought I'd say hello before I post all kinds of stuff in the Classifieds. Speaking of which, if you're in the greater L.A. area, we're having a used book sale tomorrow in Burbank. Details here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/homeschool-book-sale-tickets-62402186620

So... hey! How's it going? What did I miss? 🖐️

--Brenda

• Like 5

WB. 🙂

There are some new people (me), some long-time people, some really good discussions, some shenanigans. The Chat board is for everything that doesn't go on the Education boards (except for Ignore This Thread, which has taken on a life of its own; feel free to jump in). Otherwise, I think everything is pretty much the same (although I didn't join until after 2003, so what do I know?).

Welcome back!  The new boards are probably the biggest change in the past four years. Also, don't post photos of celebrities that you didn't take yourself, so SWB doesn't get sued.  Other than that, it's the way it usually is this time of year - a little slow, since most people are done with school and are busy with other things.  If your stuff doesn't sell, there are some FB groups where people sell curriculum, also homeschoolclassifieds.com and ebay. 

Edited by klmama