Menu

Something fun in French to keep up over the summer

DD11 has slowly worked through the first three or so chapters of So You Really Want to Learn French this past year.  It has been adequate for her.  I’m wondering if there is some fun program or something she could listen to/interact with/read etc while we’re off a few weeks in the summer so she doesn’t forget everything we’ve done. I’m afraid some of that has already started....  Thanks!

Duolingo? Find some cartoons in French on Youtube to watch? My son likes Sam-Sam

If she is "too cool" to watch kid cartoons, maybe one of these French tv shows

Here is a listing of Netflix titles with French subtitles

Maybe find her favorite movie or tv program in French or with French subtitles

When I was in high school taking French 20 years or so ago, I had a French penpal in France. I would write in French, she would write in English and we would help each other with writing the language more like a native speaker. I have no idea how my teacher arranged this but I'm sure something similar could still be done today with either a francophone from France or Canada or another French speaking country. Perhaps even someone on this board could help you arrange something like that.

ETA: I forgot about this, here is the remake of Garfield and Friends in French

Edited by sweet2ndchance
  • Like 2

My dd used to listen to radio stations from France online.  We also got movies that she knew already but had been dubbed in French.  The Incredibles comes to mind.  (I remember finding used DVD's on eBay, but perhaps they're even available to watch online by now.)

• Like 1