• the anvil/acme box/tunnel...

heh.

wile coyote roadrunner.PNG

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 4
  • Haha 15

I'm rooting for ….- who's with me?

Edited by gardenmom5

I really disliked that show.  I wanted the roadrunner to win, but I still felt sorry for the coyote for always getting hurt.  

• Like 2

I'm rooting for nature, red in tooth and claw.

Interesting RL fact you may not know: Roadrunners are part of the cuckoo family.

• Like 3

Other.

Those of us of a certain age know how it's going to end. Every single time. So I'm not gonna waste my energy doing any rooting. :wink:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

We went to the small local-ish zoo for several years before I realized that they had placed the roadrunner exhibit right next to the coyote exhibit.... Well played, zoo!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Noreen Claire said:

We went to the small local-ish zoo for several years before I realized that they had placed the roadrunner exhibit right next to the coyote exhibit.... Well played, zoo!

did they paint a tunnel on the concrete separating the two?

• Haha 8

Just now, Catwoman said:

I love Wile E. Coyote.

And I have always loved Road Runner cartoons!

I have too. I have always thought they were hilarious and just pure silliness.  I never saw harm intended even though of course Coyote wanted to eat RR.   

My daughter never liked them. She thought they were stupid.  Well, they are. 

My husband loves them too.  I showed him the picture in the OP and we talked about it a little this morning. He says the comic timing is genius.  

Once at a zoo a road runner appeared to be courting my husband.  It got up as close as it could to him (with of course the enclosure between them) and was bowing, backing up, coming forward and bowing more.  It was hilarious.

• Like 3

A mama cat moved into our yard with her kittens. 3 of them look exactly alike so I call them Wiley, Coyote, and Runner. The 4th kitten who is super friendly is called Casper the Friendly Cat or Cassie for short. Surprisingly, my son's girlfriend who is 22 knew exactly where the names originated.

• Like 1

I'm rooting for the return of wolves to the wild so coyotes can stop taking over everywhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farrar said:

I'm rooting for the return of wolves to the wild so coyotes can stop taking over everywhere.

Personally, I feel that many of life's little problems could be solved by returning megafauna to the environment. (Of course, that's quite a rewilding given that most of the world's megafauna coincidentally went extinct as humans moved out of Africa and into other places!)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tanaqui said:

Personally, I feel that many of life's little problems could be solved by returning megafauna to the environment. (Of course, that's quite a rewilding given that most of the world's megafauna coincidentally went extinct as humans moved out of Africa and into other places!)

I'm eagerly awaiting the cloning of mastodons.

• Like 1

Roadrunner.  We had a mated pair living in our neighborhood in AZ.  She had a clutch of eggs under our bougainvilleas. Once two of my cats tried to stalk up to her.  She turned around and went after them. They hid under the bed the whole rest of the day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/13/2019 at 7:20 PM, Farrar said:

That's not how it's turning out.  They're hybridizing and worse than ever.

• Like 1

This video makes me want to get one of those cameras to find out exactly what's going through my yard.  

• Like 1