Menu

SAT after Saxon

I'm interested in hearing about people's experience with their kiddos taking the SAT after using Saxon in their homeschool. Do you feel the program prepared your student well enough? Any tips? I have a 9th grader who will be taking the PSAT in the fall and she starting using Saxon in the 4th grade. We love the program. Just wondering how other Saxon users did on the test. Thanks.

It goes back a few years, but my older one used Saxon. Just to make sure, he did PSAT and SAT math review books. Great results! 

My younger one didn't click with Saxon, and she used other books. Math was always a struggle for her, and we rejoiced when she tested into college math.

Every kid is different, period. 

1 hour ago, BusyMom5 said:

We do the ACT test here.  At half way thru Advanced Math my DD scored a 29 on the math section.  She plans to take it again after she finishes the book.  We are doing PSAT in the fall.

That's encouraging! Thanks for sharing.

On 6/11/2019 at 6:05 AM, CAJinBE said:

Mine did well with Saxon, but the SAT Math Workbook was super helpful in learning the types of problems for the SAT. Little things like seeing formulas written differently, etc. 

Yes, my daughter is taking a PSAT class this summer and I can already see that the practice workbook is going to be very helpful.

• Like 1