Menu

What's with the ads?

I’m considering Biblioplan for next year. I will have a 9th, 6th and 3rd grader. I’m trying to simplify, do at least a little all together as a family, but also have additional work for my older two. I’m basically trying to decide whether to use MOH, Remember the Days (and let the other books be the harder reads for the 9th grader), or the Companion. I know a textbook is good to use from time to time, but we really love living books. So that makes me concerned that the companion will be too dry.  I like that there are additional resources if you use the companion, but I know MOH has their own resources I could use as well. Any suggestions? 

We are doing BP Year 2 this coming year. My kids will be 4th, 6th, and 8th. My plan is to use Remember the Days and Story of the World as our spines. We will add living books for topics that interest us.

• Thanks 1

Depends on what era you're studying. MOH 1 is super duper easy and primarily Bible stories, which is great for a 3rd grader but not so much for a 9th and 6th grader. The other volumes of MOH are more appropriate for older kids - each one more sophisticated as you go on.

2 minutes ago, Momto6inIN said:

Depends on what era you're studying. MOH 1 is super duper easy and primarily Bible stories, which is great for a 3rd grader but not so much for a 9th and 6th grader. The other volumes of MOH are more appropriate for older kids - each one more sophisticated as you go on.

Thanks! We are doing year 2. I ended up getting the Companion for the 9th, RTD for the 6th, and I’ll use SOTW for my 3rd grader. 

• Like 1