Menu

What's with the ads?

Terabith

Hysterectomy on Monday

I have to have a hysterectomy on Monday because of a giant ovarian tumor, which is terrifying and sad.  I'm hoping I'll get to keep an ovary, since I'm definitely not near menopause.  Good news today is was that genetic testing came back negative, which is good not just for me but also for my daughters and sister.  And CT scan didn't show anything other than the mass we already knew about.  Surgeon says she thinks there's a good chance it's benign.  But, still a lot of things to be scared of.  Possibility of malignancy.  Surgery.  Anesthesia.  Drama with my mother and my mother in law.  So...prayers and good thoughts would be appreciated.

• Sad 14

I am sending lots of hugs and prayers your way.  I am sorry you are going through this.   I will be thinking of you on Monday.  Hoping for an simple surgery, great recovery, and the best news. 

• Like 1

I'll be praying for you.  {{{Hugs}}}

• Like 1

Praying for you and your family.  For best possible outcomes, ease of surgery and meds, peace during this long weekend before surgery, and recovery.  

• Like 1

Will be thinking of you, Monday. I hope it is benign, and your healing is quick. Update us when you can ❤️.

• Like 1

Prayers/healing vibes sent your way. I hope the operation goes smoothly and that treatment is successful.

Thinking of you and sending lots of positive thoughts your way. I hope everything goes smoothly and you have the best possible outcome.

May you be peaceful, calm and may healing speed along with no drama from busy-bodies. 

• Like 2

I will pray, Terabith! Let us know how you are when you are able.

• Like 2

Praying for it to be benign and that life will start to get so much better after surgery. 

• Like 1

Sending hugs and prayers......

I’m sorry I didn’t post sooner, Terabith, but I just saw this thread for the first time. I will pray for an uneventful surgery, a benign tumor, and a very quick recovery!

I will also pray that you won’t be too scared. 

• Like 1

I’m surviving.  I am very tired. Pain is a bit better but still an issue.  I haven’t pooped yet, so that’s a concern, but I am at home.  My brain is too fuzzy to do much other than sleep.  I’m trying to walk a lot; ironically that was easier in the hospital when I didn’t have to worry about getting dressed to go around the hospital “block.”  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the update!

I have NOT been stalking this thread waiting to hear from you!!! (Ok, yes I have!)

I gave you a trophy because recovery is hard work.  I hope healing improves quickly!

• Like 1

Recovering sucks.  I mean, I am incredibly grateful that it doesn’t appear to be cancer and that they saved an ovary.  And that everything is going as well as can be expected.  I really, really am.  But it’s sinking in how incredibly long this is going to take.  And I’m so tired.   Completely and utterly exhausted.  Like with the flu exhausted.  I can barely stay awake.  And it hurts.  Definitely more pain than the first day.  It’s hard to move around.   And my brain feels completely offline.  I can’t really read or watch tv.  I can’t concentrate on anything, because I’m so tired.  I’m trying to walk and such as much as possible.  But it just highlights how hard everything is.  And I don’t have anything to complain about.  I AM grateful.  It just sucks at the same time.  

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Terabith said:

Recovering sucks.  I mean, I am incredibly grateful that it doesn’t appear to be cancer and that they saved an ovary.  And that everything is going as well as can be expected.  I really, really am.  But it’s sinking in how incredibly long this is going to take.  And I’m so tired.   Completely and utterly exhausted.  Like with the flu exhausted.  I can barely stay awake.  And it hurts.  Definitely more pain than the first day.  It’s hard to move around.   And my brain feels completely offline.  I can’t really read or watch tv.  I can’t concentrate on anything, because I’m so tired.  I’m trying to walk and such as much as possible.  But it just highlights how hard everything is.  And I don’t have anything to complain about.  I AM grateful.  It just sucks at the same time.  

Hmm. Are you are narcotic pain relievers? If not, something seems off. Your brain should not be this fuzzy. Surgery is exhausting but you seem a step beyond this. I'd give it until noon today, and then call the doctor's office and report your symptoms. Be very clear regarding the level of your fatigue, where you're at on the pain scale, and your mental fog. The weekend is coming and you want to make sure you're headed in the right direction so you're not waiting until Monday's office hours.

I am on narcotics.  I’m not taking  them constantly but the nine inch incision is pretty uncomfortable and ibuprofen alone doesn’t always keep the pain under a five.  I talked to the nurse who said this level of fatigue was normal.  I am getting less foggy but apparently pain and exhaustion can make you overstimulated.  

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Terabith said:

It's possible to be both grateful for good quality medical treatment, and really sad/mad/grieving for the necessity of that treatment and the impact it will have on your life.  Don't try to talk yourself out of those emotions and thoughts, they are real and valid, just like recognizing the necessity of the operation is real and valid.  That doesn't mean you have to like it!!!  

I hope things improve over the weekend!

• Like 6