Menu

CollegeRaptor.com

Mom0012

I am finding this website helpful for sorting colleges by how much financial aid they might give my dd. I have checked the numbers calculated by this site against the npc’s on a few of the individual college websites and, so far, they have been fairly similar. It’s nice to be able to input our financial data once and then get estimates for a bunch of colleges rather than doing them one at a time. If there is a better website for this, please let me know!

Another feature I like is that it generates a list of similar colleges that are geographically close to the ones that I’ve selected. 

Edited by Mom0012
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I will offer one piece of advice in terms of using websites like that one to determine costs---they are very inaccurate in terms of determining merit for homeschoolers.  According to those sorts of websites, my children should not be matched to large merit/competitive merit schools.  Bc we don't have traditional transcripts with weighted GPAs, class rank, standard inputs, the outputs in terms of matching my kids to anything has been junk.  My youngest 2 college kids received multiple full cost offers as well as a wide range of other scholarships (from partial to full-tuition to full-tuition plus).

They also didn't pick up on some majors..  For example, there were some schools that had added Russian as a major that they didn't recognize as offering it as one.