Menu

Help name my new dog :) UPDATED!

ktgrok

Update - we have named her Sandy! Well, her full name is "Sandy Strudel the Goldendoodle", lol. Because, as my dd9 said, she's golden on the outside and sweet on the inside, like a strudel 🙂

She is currently named Blue but we may change it as we already have a dog named Luke who has brain damage and I’m thinking it will be confusing with names that similar. She’s an 18 month goldendoodle, very happy and playful. I don’t know much else, we pick her up either Sunday or Monday. She reminds me of a fraggle or other muppets 🙂

4BCFCE5C-3315-4629-8132-DFE6CEB8D9B6.jpeg

7B6CFFED-054A-4ED1-B939-6D0542FCB474.jpeg

3506B8BA-5114-4C45-81E8-D063EE87E861.jpeg

Edited by Ktgrok
  • Like 11

I'd call her Beauty b/c she's so gorgeous! I love girly names b/c I had boys. I love Emma, Joy, Amelia, Sophie.

I also love the name Lovey and also Kisses. I always yell kisses!! at my dog before I smother him so it once occurred to me to name a dog or kitty: Kisses.

I also love River after River Song on Dr. Who.

I also love names like: Pearl for her color, Jewel or Gemma (gem).

What a sweetheart!!

Alley

Oh, I think definitely Wembley! It’s a cute name, has the fragile connection and just seems to fit. She looks like she has a wonderful, fun, sweet personality!

(I think Wembley is perfect, but my second is Sunny)

Edited by mmasc
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dotwithaperiod said:

Whimsy 

I love this.

I might be tempted to name her Harriet after Lady Peter Wimsey, or some variation. She is profoundly hairy! Harriet Wimsey? Harriet Whimsy?

Honestly, just Whimsy is lovely.

She does look adorable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Junie said:

The dog on Fraggle Rock was called Sprocket.  Other than the coloring, there are similarities.  🙂

https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Sprocket?file=FraggleRock-Sprocket.jpg

I have a cat named  Sprocket! Her brother is Tribble (from Star Trek).

My next two cats will be Button and Snap, after that, Flip and Tumble and then Squish and Squirt.

But, I digress.

Edited by TechWife
  • Like 4

I also see a Sandy from Annie

or the middle name on her info, Mabel

or May Belle as you learned of her in May iirc

and I also like Whimsy, Sunny, Summer, Wembley, and Gemma suggested above

On 6/7/2019 at 1:08 AM, history-fan said:

Such a cute dog!  She looks like Chrissy Snow (Suzanne sommers) from sitcom Threes Company.

This reminds me of Australian comedians Hamish and Andy and their celebrity 'Doggelgangers' - dogs that look like celebrities. 

Edited to remove photo

Edited by chocolate-chip chooky
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, chocolate-chip chooky said:

This reminds me of Australian comedians Hamish and Andy and their celebrity 'Doggelgangers' - dogs that look like celebrities. 

Image result for doggelgangers hamish and andy

This ones excellent- looks like dog is almost 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, so far top picks are Sandy (because we just got back from the beach when I told them about her, and she's Sandy colored, and she looks like Sandy from the movie), or Sunny, again with the beach vacation reference and for her personality. I love Sprocket but it seems like a boy name to me, and not something that rolls off the tongue when yelling for them. Wembley is still in the running, although again harder to say maybe. 

• Like 4

I love Sandy and Sunny & think they suit her sweet face quite well! She’s adorable! ❤️ Our friends have a rescued golden & the rescue gave him the name Sandy after the Annie-Sandy because he was so good. They kept his name and he has been THE BEST DOG. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ktgrok said:

So, so far top picks are Sandy (because we just got back from the beach when I told them about her, and she's Sandy colored, and she looks like Sandy from the movie), or Sunny, again with the beach vacation reference and for her personality. I love Sprocket but it seems like a boy name to me, and not something that rolls off the tongue when yelling for them. Wembley is still in the running, although again harder to say maybe. 

I like Sunny! She has a happy face. 

• Like 1

So, we almost went with Sunny, but my oldest pointed out that people might think it was Sonny, a boy name. So we went with "Sandy Streudel the Goldendoodle" as her official name - Sandy for short 🙂

She's here, and a bit confused but SO good and sweet. And she and my Tracker, the hound, are in love. He is SO happy, and I'm happy seeing him happy after being in such a funk after our first foster weim left. 

And also, I hate to admit it, but man I'm glad the 2nd foster weimaraner is gone, bless her heart. Sandy hasn't knocked over a single child, stolen any food, growled at any of my dogs, jumped on my counters, gotten in the letterbox, or pooped or peed on my concrete patio - all things Stella the weim did in the first hour here (and continued to do until she left). Totally worth the high (to me) rescue fee we paid to get a dog who was a known quantity. She's just as she was described by her foster family 🙂

• Like 14

On 6/5/2019 at 7:08 PM, Ktgrok said:

Update - we have named her Sandy! Well, her full name is "Sandy Strudel the Goldendoodle", lol. Because, as my dd9 said, she's golden on the outside and sweet on the inside, like a strudel 🙂 

🙂

Lovely! Sandy is a common nickname for Alexander in Scotland, so you could call her Alexandra when she is being fancy.

• Like 1