Menu

WTM Academy experiences

Hi- I'm looking at some possible classes for my upcoming 9th and 11th graders. Just wondering your experience with WTM Academy. I think we will do the delayed classes so we have a little more flexibility in our schedule. I know this sounds bad, but is it really rigorous? I'm not sure what my kids can handle. 🙂 Of course, I don't mind if they are pushed a bit.

We've had very good experiences with all of the WTM Academy classes we've signed up for. For us, the classes have been rigorous, but not overly so. And my kids have had some of their favorite teachers through these classes. Definitely worth trying, imho!

My rising 11th grade ds has taken classes with WTMA since 7th grade. He has also used other providers but WTMA is his favorite for sure. 

Rigor- I am never sure how to answer this so I hesitate to weigh in but we find the classes to be of good quality yet not overwhelming and grading is not harsh. My ds has had zero problems keeping up with the classes, doesn’t complain about them, etc. BUT he is a very good student in general. He has also had high school classes through Memoria Press Online Academy and while he likes them OK too, they have been more difficult for him and not as enjoyable as WTMA.  

My ds also does not enjoy the delayed classes as much and finds them much more difficult to be engaged with.  He did one this year and it was fine but he finds that format much more tedious. He did that for History and Philosophy of Science this year but we would not make that choice for a core class probably. We definitely wouldn’t go for a class that had two recordings a week to watch. That’s just him, though. He has been unhappy with every asynchronous course he has taken even ones that get rave reviews here. 

My ds has liked all his teachers but Mr. Caro is his absolute favorite (mostly social studies but he has some others). He is fun and interesting and my ds learns so much from him. Ds was very sad to have his last class ever with him. 

• Like 2