Menu

Accountability Thread 6/2-6/8

Morning! First week of June. We are on summer schedule until mid-August, I think. Just keeping up with Latin and Math, and reading and writing as interest dictates. Science and history much the same. Today I have to write a couple thousand words on a new story, a thousand or so on another story, and get the grocery list done. Starting with the grocery list. It's the one that needs to be completed first. I got a second rejection on a short story yesterday and need to get it ready to send out again. Another short story is with two readers, and then I'll probably rewrite it later this week and get it out to magazines next. Plus two paintings to do, and another to sketch.

Morning. Boys have summer school stuff: Algebra, Latin, and whatever they want to read or write today. I have writing and cooking. The headache from yesterday never improved, even with extra water and medication, so I'm trying to tough out another day of it while writing today. There won't be much housekeeping happening today.

1 minute ago, happysmileylady said:

I hate those types of lingering headaches.  Do you have meds for it?

Just OTC stuff like Tylenol and Ibuprofen. Which I will take once I get something on my stomach. I don't feel up to eating yet.

Morning! Went to bed with the persistent headache, but so far it's holding off this morning.  Hope it stays off. 

Boys have school. They would like to go do stuff, but it's supposed to storm for the next few days. They may just have to be bored for a few.

• Like 1

Hello 🙂 .  We've been back from our trip for about 5 days now, still settling in &c. 

For today, I want to keep working in the garden; cleaning the house; managing elder DS' tummy troubles; get some fun time in with younger DS, probably working on a Lego project with him; make everybody practice piano; figure out where the heck we are in our now-defunct summer plans; do some sort of school -- prob. math & Latin; and draft out our future plans a bit; get some exercise.  Also make some food that elder DS can eat & wants to eat, so we can get more calories into the little guy.  And get some non-stressed time with DH: between our son being sick for the past several months, and some stuff going on at DH's work, everybody's feeling burned out. 

I'm still so sad about our former pastor shutting us so effectively out of our church, and the way the people in our church allowed it to happen ... I hope I get over that soon.  It seems foolish.  Plus it has left me very de-motivated about our Bible studies, which is completely unhelpful. 

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Sad 1

Morning. I need to spend all day behind the laptop writing. I really, really, really want to meet my goal this week. After the headache slowed me down for three days, it's time to get going. Boys are done with school, and it's supposed to rain all afternoon. Must. Get. Moving.

• Like 1

Oh, my: today, installation of an emergency generator at our house, and also the dishwasher started leaking into the downstairs air vents.

The short list: math; piano; management of health; management of home; planning enough to ensure we're on the way to being organized for next week.  Bible, a space of grace with DH, boys who have moments of delight in their day & a sane, kind mama.  😉  

• Like 1