Menu

Happy and Proud Mama Moment

easypeasy

My dd2 is the one I've always said could "rule the world" if she wanted to. She's charismatic, smart as a whip, sharp as a tack, and the kindest person I know (which is why she never will actually rule the world... but that's a whole other post...)

Kids 1 and 3 are natural-born test-takers. DD2 struggles mightily because she can "make an argument" for pretty much anything on the test paper. She's spent over a year working to re-train her brain to be decisive and has taken the ACT twice so far. First time was a Very Respectable score and we were all VERY pleased with her improvement from earlier practice tests. Second time was a Very, Very Good Score by anyone's standards and we danced around the house in celebration at how far she'd come. Third time (in June), she is hoping will conquer that last top-tier and we can all faint with happiness.

While updating her college spreadsheet, however, I have noticed that at the universities she is looking at (the ones that aren't strictly conservatories), she has qualified for some hefty automatic scholarships at those universities with her CURRENT ACT score! Full tuition at some and others have competitive scholarships and amazing programs that she qualifies to apply for!!!!

(and with her Very Impressive Resume and excellent interviewee skills, she sure has a strong shot at them! I'd just always assumed that her ACT score would hold her back & hadn't spent much time investigating, but when her ACT Score rose on up there, I didn't look into how that changed things until now!!!)

I was already super proud of her and super happy of her progress and hard work. But, when she learns that she's qualified for some hefty automatic scholarships, she is going to be over the moon!!!!

At least two of the schools WILL STACK academic and music scholarships too, which makes them VERY intriguing & I think they will move right up on dd's list!!! (The music schools themselves aren't super-prestigious, but the professors there for her instrument ARE well-known and have connections out the wazoo... so could be a good fit)

It is the BEST life experience to see a kid who has worked SO HARD at certain things overcome those hurdles and receive rewards for conquering those VERY challenges!!!

• Like 21

That's wonderful!   It's great that her effort is paying off like that!  It's terrific thst she's interested in schools where she can qualify for both merit and talent scholarships, and even better that they can be stacked!  What was her process for improvement on the ACT?  

• 2 weeks later...