Menu

Thanks!

Rachel

3 minutes ago, Rachel said:

My passport has expired and I’m planning to visit my brother this summer. 

If you have renewed your passport recently, how long did it take?  My husband renewed his a couple years ago and it arrived quickly, maybe two weeks after he submitted the paperwork. My travel is in 6 weeks, 2 days. The passport office claims it takes 4-6 weeks to process. I’m trying to decide if I should pay the extra to have it expedited which takes 2-3 weeks. If I hustle I can get it in today’s mail. 

Expedite. Don’t chance it. In HI it took 3-4 weeks to renew, off peak. That is not typical for this time of year, especially in the mainland.

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 2

I agree with the previous responses. This is THE WORST time of the year to be needing a new Passport.   I would pay the extra $ for Expedited processing and send it today and hopefully it will arrive in the mail in the processing center next Monday. Actually, it would be better if you send it via FedEx. If you have not already purchased your airline ticket, I would NOT be buying a non-refundable ticket unless and until you have a Valid Passport.  Just in case...  However you stated the number of weeks and days to departure, so I fear that you have already purchased a non-refundable airline ticket. The worst case is that you will lose that money. Hopefully, your new Passport will arrive soon.

• Like 1

I just had a new passport delivered a few weeks ago at least 2 weeks ahead of schedule.  No problem here.  

If your travel is in 6 weeks, I would absolutely pay for expedited.  I got mine about 3 months ahead of travel and the passport office said I should be fine for renewal non expedited.

Edited by FuzzyCatz
  • Like 1