Menu

Considering VPSA Art Studio 1 - child has LD

lactansdea

Hi - i'm hoping to bounce my grade 8 plans off y'all.

DD is a middle child, quite bright but has a visual processing disorder. I mention this just because it means that some academia will be challenging for her (math typically.) She was evaluated and has very strong visual-spatial gifting. She loves science. Tho she is entering 8th technically, I have her working a grade level behind doing BJU DLO, which she loves. (Her math is TT and she is finishing grade 5.) So next year she'd move into BJU DLO grade 7 and TT grade 6. (I think she could manage eighth grade but at the style of BJU was new to her I wanted to start her at a level that would allow plenty of time to adjust to a more traditional school approach.) For next year I am thinking more of the same - BJU DLO Literature, World Studies, Life Science, and more TT for MAth. Will add something for English - probably daily grams. WHAT I NEED YOUR ADVICE ABOUT IS whether I should enroll her in VPSA Art Studio to begin formal Art study. I know she will love this. But as you may know, VPSA has a way of taking over - esp when other courses are not "live." I strongly feel that this child needs to have a social outlet and opportunity to strengthen this visual/spatial/creative side as a foundation for future education and career pursuits - especially since other subject areas may be more challenging for her than most. The cost isn't minimal, but the gap must be filled whether online live or in extracurricular (ouch please no...because I also work parttime as a college professor.) Does anyone have experience with Caryn Kepford of VPSA? Becuase if the instruction is really high quality and inspiring I think it would be well worth it. TIA!

Edited by lactansdea