Menu

Live Action Aladdin--We Saw It Today

fairfarmhand

And it was really good.

Will Smith made a very good Genie and it was neat how the Genie they made was an entirely NEW Genie, not just mimicking the Robin Williams version.

Lots of humor (was a little surprised at how little the other audience members laughed out loud at some things)

I also liked Jasmine much more than I expected to. She also wears CLOTHES in this one. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My 15 year old will be delighted that Jasmine gets to wear clothes. She thinks it is super weird when female heroines walk around with tons of bare skin showing for no practical reason while males are mostly covered.

I've really enjoyed the Disney live action remakes so far.

• Like 1

We saw it tonight and loved it as well! Now we all want a tiger, lol.  It seemed to us that the genie was almost modeled on the genie from the Disney Cruise Line show.  So many  similarities. but less silliness.  It was such an aesthetically beautiful movie. And of course we loved the little DisneyWorld/Land bits. 

We liked it, too. We saw it on the front row of our theater, which was hilariously awful (faces were all distorted, feet were giant, etc.) and can't wait to watch it again on a normal screen/at a normal distance. 

We also have tix in July for the traveling Broadway show, which we're really looking forward to. Will be fun to see how that one compares, too. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fairfarmhand said:

And it was really good.

Will Smith made a very good Genie and it was neat how the Genie they made was an entirely NEW Genie, not just mimicking the Robin Williams version.

Lots of humor (was a little surprised at how little the other audience members laughed out loud at some things)

I also liked Jasmine much more than I expected to. She also wears CLOTHES in this one. 

I read an article with the actress who played Jasmine and she's a big Compassion Advocate!

https://compassionate-leadership.org/tag/aladdin/

https://www.compassionuk.org/blogs/naomi-scott/

• Like 3