Menu

What online furniture sites do you like?

J-rap

We're furnishing a new home in a location where we don't live yet, and we don't have any furniture stores at all in the town we're presently in.  So, I'm doing a lot of online window shopping.  I'm looking for online places with good customer service and trustworthy furniture that they stand behind.

I've bought a couple items from Wayfair.com - a small upholstered bench and an easy chair - and am pleased with both. Shipping was quick (and free IIRC) and both items have held up nicely over the past two years. Both times I bought when they were having a good sale - either Memorial Day or Labor Day. 

I've also bought and returned rugs from Overstock and esalerugs.com and was super happy with my experiences. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mothersweets said:

I've bought a couple items from Wayfair.com - a small upholstered bench and an easy chair - and am pleased with both. Shipping was quick (and free IIRC) and both items have held up nicely over the past two years. Both times I bought when they were having a good sale - either Memorial Day or Labor Day. 

I've also bought and returned rugs from Overstock and esalerugs.com and was super happy with my experiences. 

I actually had found a bedroom set I liked on Overstock, but was concerned when they told me their delivery service for that furniture did curbside only!  I would have paid extra for someone to actually bring it in our home and set it up, but that didn't seem to be an option. 

3 hours ago, J-rap said:

I actually had found a bedroom set I liked on Overstock, but was concerned when they told me their delivery service for that furniture did curbside only!  I would have paid extra for someone to actually bring it in our home and set it up, but that didn't seem to be an option. 

Oh no! That would be a problem. My delivery guy brought the chair/rugs inside my house but I had to do the rest and I also have young adults to help me. 

• Like 1

I ordered a sectional sofa online from Costco and have been happy with it. When it was first delivered, they only had one part of the sectional. I called Costco with the delivery guys in my living room and they apologized and immediately shipped out the other part. They may have given us a small discount too. All in all, a good experience. 

• Like 1

On May 27, 2019 at 12:20 PM, J-rap said:

We're furnishing a new home in a location where we don't live yet, and we don't have any furniture stores at all in the town we're presently in.  So, I'm doing a lot of online window shopping.  I'm looking for online places with good customer service and trustworthy furniture that they stand behind.

Some large furniture stores have much larger delivery radiuses than you'd expect. There's a store almost 2 hours north of us that delivers to us. They also service within that radius. It can be worth the trip to try things, get lower prices with their big store buying power, etc.

Some of the manufacturers, like Serta, are also selling direct to customers, sometimes with astonishingly good prices. For instance, I was looking at a loveseat today that was $479 locally and $279 for the same product direct from Serta.

• Like 2