Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Good morning!

• I have a 7:30 appt. with the horse vet for checkups, shots, & other routine maintenance, but it is thunderstorming with heavy rain, so he might want to reschedule. Wish I knew so I don't have to scramble to get everything ready and then find out it is canceled.
  • school w/dd
  • post office - or have dh go
  • wrap a few gifts
  • not sure about afternoon plans - we were thinking of going to a movie, but I might just stay home & relax
  • dinner: ??? no clue
  • Like 6

Good morning!

Quiet morning here. All my people are still asleep.

Do some prep cooking, including grill flank steak. I have been a little off the low-carb wagon lately and don't feel great, so I'm trying to have some good options available on this busy weekend. 

Update YNAB

2 (only 2!)) AHG emails

Cull my inbox 

Shower!

Make ds try on some clothes so I can see if they fit or not. Too late now. Tomorrow!?

Print tickets for both tonight's and tomorrow's shows. 

Work at church. 

Braid Dd's hair and drop her off at the theater.  

Pick up Ds from a friend's house or the pool.  

Go to see Dd in her first musical theater production! Very fun! The show rules our weekend, of course.  Done!

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6

Good morning!

I didn't get back on here yesterday because I ended up feeling a bit worse as the day went on. I slept some in the afternoon and didn't do much all day. I don't feel back to 100% and am still a bit stuffy. I don't have a fever, though. We're supposed to go to a cook out tonight with a church group, so I hope I feel like going. 

• figure out food for breakfast and lunch (We really needed some things from the store.)
  • ds do school and an art project I got from Drew's Art Box company 
  • laundry
  • tidy house
  • go to cookout (hopefully!)
  • Like 6

Good morning!  Can't wait to start the three day weekend!  I'm feeling a little - I don't know - nostalgic?  old, maybe?  DS14 "graduates" from middle school today and DS18 has a "rising senior" lunch at school today.  So I feel like I've entered this new stage where both my kids are in high school.  And DS18's first three years have flown by and I'm feeling like life is just changing too fast.  Or something.  Or hormones.

-coffee
-DS18 off to school
-school with DS14 - need to edit his ancient lit paper, and then take his Algebra II final and then he is done with middle school
-read
-workout (lower body weights pyramid)
-read some more
-out to dinner to restaurant of DS14's choosing

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 6

Good morning! Finally, it will be warm and sunny! Yesterday was productive and I hope today will be as well. The teens all got up to watch the sunrise from a viewing point in the foothills. I am not sure if they are coming back here for breakfast. Guess I will find out... Not much else is going on today. dd1 is driving back today

• coffee/paper
  • write
  • school with ds3
  • get plants in front beds
  • talk with ds2 about summer options for a couple of classes
  • finish kitchen chores
  • sit in the sun and soak it up
  • no tennis today
  • dh has dinner planned, I think

Have a great day!

• Like 6

Good morning! Dropped my car off at the mechanic to see if they can figure out the clunky/thunky noise.  Of course, my description of it left them baffled, LOL, so....we shall see. I described it well & accurately, but it's an odd noise/situation I guess. I wished them luck; hopefully they can get it to duplicate the noise, figure out the cause, and fix it. Fingers crossed. 

That done, I need to:

...write the emails to next year's parents; still didn't do that
...find enough laundry for one load
...find the drawing for DS18's graduation quilt, cut fabric, start piecing it -- I am dedicating this weekend, all 3 days, to working on this and hoping by the end I'll have the quilt top done. We shall see. 
...figure out dinner
...make DS18 write the Brit Lit paper, b/c DH let him go with us to fencing yesterday instead of stay home and write the paper

• Like 6

Crap, it's Friday.  Am I the only person who dreads Fridays??  This is the day I have to feel like crap because of all the stuff I did not finish all week.

So anyhoo.  No fire alarms went off in the night, so that was good.

I was supposed to get my kid up at 6 to study, but I just rolled over and went back to sleep.  Oh well.  I just can't worry about it any more.  By my calculations, today's test won't matter unless she gets less than 20%, which is unlikely.

In other news ... I had not been playing with my Rubik's Cube for a long time since I did not want to mess up the evidence that I solved it some months ago.  But yesterday I decided to be adventurous.  I messed it up and solved it again.  Today the same again.  I still do not know how I am getting the corners right though.  Is it random luck, or is some strategy working but I can't remember what I did??

• Various alarm fails.
  • Kids up about 6:45.
  • Mom up about 7:45; made breakfast; spilled yogurt drink everywhere; invented many alternate cuss words; cleaned yogurt; sent kids off to the school bus at 7:55.  Only 3 more school mornings!!
  • Cleaned up the kitchen, bathrooms, and some clutter.
  • Coffee.
  • Sister called as I was finishing my kids' leftover toast.  Blabbed about kid stuff.
  • Work discussion.  Boss is so excited to tell me she sold more work for me to do ... urgently....
  • Re-filled, photographed, and emailed a school form I already sent yesterday.  They are lucky I have 2 kids so I always get 2 of everything.
  • Caught up on emails, social media, news.
  • Texted driver.
  • Tinkered with Rubik's Cube.
  • Made this post.

To do:

• More coffee.
  • Lots of client work.
  • Make dentist and chiropractor appointments.
  • Yoga/exercise and some reading.
  • Kids - make them clean some mess in their bathroom / bedrooms after a snack.
  • Kids' choir musical at 7pm.
  • Dinner out somewhere.
  • Maybe watch some old shows on DVD.
  • Maybe send a text out to kids' friends' moms about possible get-together tomorrow afternoon?
  • Whatever I'm forgetting.
  • Sleep???

I don't think anyone has to go anywhere in the early morning tomorrow ... but I am not sure.  It depends on other people at this point.  So I may get to sleep in for a change ???

• Like 7

Okay, in catching up on emails, discovered that DS18's college for fall thinks he's registered for a sooner new student thing than we thought.....huh. Emailing to clarify, so we know what day to show up for that.  Transcripts from his dual credit colleges requested and being processed. Checking the rest of the checklist to see if there's anything else that needs doing (and asking how/where to send the final home school transcript as well, or can we bring it when we come....). We can do the earlier date, we had hoped for that date once upon a time, but didn't realize that one went through, so just need to know. 

Writing the parent emails now, eating some food, then going up to start the sewing and laundry. First, the food and the emails. 

• Like 6

quilt pattern for graduate's quilt (DS18) was not found...so, redrew it, with his input, recalculated yardage requirements, fabric selected and has been cut, ready to piece. Taking a time out/break as I am having the edges of a headache (monthly fun, yay me.....) and waiting to see if it clears or I need to sleep for the meds to kick in. Just Tylenol, so not too bad. 

Dates of his orientation confirmed, and info on how to send the hs transcript, so will do that as well. Funny how my list is getting longer today vs shorter. Yippee. 

• Like 6

I did my yoga and some other exercise.  Walked around outside a little while eating my cashews and checking the mail.  Read a couple more pages of the Mahabharata.

I sent an email to the church pastor asking him to work with us this summer on my kids' "God and Church" program for AHG, and to assign me to be their "counselor."

Then I signed both girls up to help with the setup for the church's VBS.  (They will be thrilled I'm sure.)

Then I signed us all up for a self-defense class to be taken with our AHG unit in June.  And requested a refund for the other class I had already signed up for.

I am waiting to hear back from various people now - 3 BSA people from earlier this week; our pastor re God and Church; the church re VBS volunteering; the Krav Maga place re the self defense class refund.  Maybe others that I'm forgetting.

I should probably get some work done now ....

• Like 6

Paid a speed cam ticket.  😕

Tried to do some research on CYO sports, which my sister assures me will accept my kids ... but I think she is wrong.

Got a bit of work out.

Stalked my kids' grades way more than I dare to admit.

Trying to decide what to do for the next 30 minutes before I take my kids to their musical.

• Like 6

My vet appt. got rescheduled, just as I suspected it might. Of course, that was after I had gotten up early to clean stalls and catch and halter all the horses so we were ready to go. Sigh.

Just as well, because we got walloped with rain and thunderstorms all morning. More to come tonight.

I only got little bit of work done today. I laid in bed for an hour, something I rarely ever do during the day, because I felt cruddy from lack of sleep and the monthly visitor. Blah.

Ds20 and dd went off to get grain and look at a toolbox for ds' truck. I think I will surprise them by getting all the evening horse chores done before they get back.🙂

• Like 5

The mechanic called and is going to have us come tomorrow morning and drive the car for him, to see if we can get it to make the noise. I'm impressed, honestly. 

Started piecing DS's quilt. Yay!!! 

Going with DH to pick up stuff for his plan for dinner (homemade pizza.....to go with How to Train Your Dragon.....makes sense, no??? LOL!)

otherwise calling it quits for the night

• Like 5

I continued to sneeze today, so I opted out of going to the BBQ tonight at church. No one wants sneezing going on during a meal. 

We had a long power outage today, and it was so nice. Ds came into the living room and literally talked to me for over an hour. Most of it was him telling me stuff about Overwatch and the league, but I didn't mind! We played a game, too. He did do a bit of school after it came back on, but I didn't have him do the art project. I want that to be on a day when he can focus on it. 

I've been watching some stuff online. 

Dh picked up some food for us mid-afternoon, but I might need to send him to the store for a few things. Today was his last school day with students, but he works two more days next week. 

• Like 5