Menu

The Online Teachers Teachers Lounge 5-23-2019

scrapbookbuzz

Happy Thursday and welcome to the Lounge! Sorry snacks are scarce - I'm focused on prepping for the online class I'm 
teaching at 2pm MST. It's called, "There's a Medicine Cabinet in My Pizza?!" - and intro to herbs and their beneficial qualities,
in the kitchen and as medicine.

Anyone teach an online class? Here: see above. My first "official" one - I'm excited and nervous all at the same time!

Anyone taking online classes? Here: I have and I am. The current one is self-paced, which is good and not good all at the same time!

Who has plans for Memorial Day Weekend? Here: other than going to a talk on Bone Density at Natural Grocers, nothing definite. I'd like to go
camping but all my camping stuff is in Arizona.

Talk to me!

My first ever online class for homeschoolers is in about an hour. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this . . .

I'm actually quite excited about it. LOVE to share exciting things I learn!

Anything a little nerve-wracking and/or exciting for you today? 

• Like 1

Good luck Scrap! It'll be a blast I'm sure 🙂 It sounds like a great class you put together, and it's always fun to share something that helps others!

We move next week and I'm supposed to have a product launch next week too 😱 so there is much wracking of nerves, but I have enough control over everything that I shouldn't worry as much as just work harder. Instead of get online. And look at memes. And read forums. LOL 

• Haha 1

Congrats!  I have tutored online but never taught a full class.

We are laying low this weekend.  Last year we did our usual: taking care of veterans' graves.  We did it a little differently, though, and only took part in placing the flags in front of each marker.  I have not seen a call for volunteers this year so we are going to do our best to avoid the first wave of summer crowds that will be congesting our stores and roads.  Dh and I did massive grocery shopping today so that we can prep a few freezer meals and eat through until Wednesday.  The first store we went to we walked right out of because every register was open and had long lines.  The second one was better...not much, but better.

As far as nerve wracking, well, I did put off going to the DMV until today because it makes me nervous.  It's a long drive and Murphy's law says that I will have made it only to forget something vital.  *sigh  So it was almost a relief to get up to the first checkpoint desk and have her wave me through, and the second to ask me for the fee and send me on my way.  Much different than what I expected!  However, I am slightly annoyed.  I would have done it earlier this month when I took ds to the DMV but the form I got in the mail insisted I needed something from my insurance company.  I waited for that to be sent before I went back.  And guess what I didn't need?  😄  Ah, well, all good now for the next 2 years.

• Like 1