Menu

college acceptance

HollyDay

Youngest dd was officially accepted into her first choice this week!!  She goes as a transfer student from CC, hence the late admission.  If she gets housing (which it looks like she will), she will be off to university in the fall.

My homeschool career has come to an end and what a glorious end it is.  Both dc are doing very well academically.  Both are excited to learn and seem to enjoy the education.

Oldest is not coming home from college this summer.  She has a job and an apartment near her university.  She informed me this  week that she considers herself moved out and independent.  On the plus side, she is moved out and independent and debt free.  On the minus side, she is moved out.  I do miss her. 

I guess my mothering career has mostly come to an end as well.  Last year I carpooled with youngest and was still very active in her life when she requested it.  Oldest doesn't want much involvement.  She says she wants to be on her own and that she doesn't need or want a mom.  I raised them to be independent and have a voice.  I wanted them to speak up and be their own person.  I'm glad for that.  But I will miss fixing waffles or pancakes for breakfast.  Packing a lunch.  Doing their laundry.  Picking up favorite things from the market.  Hearing their music (either from their playing their instruments, or their "radio").  Listening to the laughter from their friends over visiting.  Youngest has been my buddy for some time.  We enjoy many of the same things, so we often did projects together or went shopping together, or concerts together.  It will be different life for me. 

But, back to the positive.  They are amazing young people.  They are growing and flourishing. 

I just need to find my next chapter

• Like 10

Happy-sad, isn't it HollyDay.

Good for you for doing such an excellent job, and congratulations to DDs for moving in to the next stages where they are thriving. But it also hurts like heck to have that giant void, so hoping you will very soon find what brings joy and purpose and meaning for you in your next stage. Hugs, Lori D.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lori D. said:

Good for you for doing such an excellent job, and congratulations to DDs for moving in to the next stages where they are thriving. But it also hurts like heck to have that giant void, so hoping you will very soon find what brings joy and purpose and meaning for you in your next stage. Hugs, Lori D.

Thats it exactly.  I have interests that I like....quilting, embroidery, cooking, etc.  I just started taking Pilates at my local gym.  I love it!!  But it is an added expense and the class times and availablilty is challenging.   I'm about to transition from paid Pilates (inflexible schedule due to number of reformers) to group PiYo and stretching class. But, I'm having trouble finding joy and meaning.  If that makes sense. 

1 hour ago, HollyDay said:

Thats it exactly.  I have interests that I like....quilting, embroidery, cooking, etc.  I just started taking Pilates at my local gym.  I love it!!  But it is an added expense and the class times and availablilty is challenging.   I'm about to transition from paid Pilates (inflexible schedule due to number of reformers) to group PiYo and stretching class. But, I'm having trouble finding joy and meaning.  If that makes sense. 

Yes it does make complete sense. I feel that, too. (((hugs))) and hope that you will soon find that purpose and meaning.

9 hours ago, Lori D. said:

I am really going to struggle with this when my dd goes off to college in a year or so!

• Sad 1