Menu

Who’s going to tackle Wednesday with me?

twins school  in morning

mad rush to tidy kitchen lounge room before psychologist visit 

twins psychologist

Phone call to government agency - always frustrating

DS15 schoolwork most of afternoon

phone calls to multiple government agencies technical departments ---- hate it when they say this is the first time we have had this technical problem with the system---means they don't know how to fix it. Sigh

do evening chores - bring in washing, collect firewood for next day lay lounge-room fire. start heating up the kitchen fire to cook tea

I seem to have no energy today with brain fog. 

• Like 9

Good morning!  I'm responsible for providing snack/light lunch for DS18's homeroom today and we have our baseball banquet tonight.  It was already hot and humid when I let the dog out this morning.  Yuck.

-coffee
-DS18 off to school
-workout (upper body pyramid)
-pick up Chick Fil A catering order and deliver to DS18's homeroom at 10:30 
-stop by store to pick up baseballs on way home

-school with DS14 (he is down to 2 lessons and a final in math, and 1 paper)
-pick up cupcakes from bakery and ice from grocery store at 3
-cut magnolia blooms for tables per mom in charge (not sure how this is going to work, may just pick up flowers from florist)
-leave for banquet around 5 to help set up (not forgetting centerpieces, cupcakes, and cooler full of ice....)
-read

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 9

Let’s finish yesterday’s list:

• swish/swipe bathrooms
  • put all travel things away
  • birds/vacuum their area

Then I am off to the big city to visit an art museum and have a fancy lunch out with a friend.

ETA - Oh yeah, the dog, why do I always forget the high-maintenance dog??

Have a great day everyone!  

Edited by Familia
  • Like 9

Good morning! 

I slept in because my sinuses are bothering me. I'm supposed to go to a co-op mom's house to help her start planning a class for next year because she's never taught outside the home. I don't feel the most awesome, but I hate to put it off. 

• meals (ds going to a friend's house today, so only breakfast for him)
  • drop ds off with friend to help paint the shed at our local pool and then go home to play video games and such
  • meet with friend to plan class
  • stop at church to finalize awards for tonight in Awana
  • tutor 1 student
  • church
  • Like 9

government agency technical error found and fixed. Someone working in the NDIS had put twin 1s birth date as 1900.  Which had caused huge trouble with their computer processing system. as I don't get to see any paperwork until the very finish of the process I was unaware of this silly error. This has only taken 2 weeks and about a dozen phone calls to work out

• Like 8

Let's see today:
-clean ds's sheets (nosebleed night. Ugh.)
-school
-tutoring
-quick grocery shopping (milk, hot dog buns, hamburger buns..)
-2 mile run/walk.
-make very early dinner
-take ds to baseball (4:30-8pm attendance)
-make late night snack/dessert before bed so ds can eat and not be starving.

• Like 8

Good morning!

Just got dh and boys out the door. It is a soggy morning, but the rain is done for now. My horses' soaked boots are drying on the heated boot dryer in the mudroom, and my house is filled with the lovely aroma of...horse feet.:happy:

• school w/dd
  • office work - needs to be an all-day office work extravaganza, because I am way behind and the end of the month is fast approaching
  • vacuum basement & steps
  • I really need to run some errands in town, but don't think I have time today
  • tell dh to pick up a bag of ice while he is out and about
  • order vitamins
  • order fly spray 
  • I need a few summer shirts, so might order those (remembered that I have a Vineyard Vines gift card, so don't have to spend any $$ - woo hoo!)
  • should really roast the eggplant and mushrooms in my fridge before they get mushy
  • dinner: 5 bean chili
  • Like 7

Happy Wednesday!

I am not on my usual Wednesday high, but we are getting through it OK....

• Kids up at about 7am.  Then back to bed with 7:30 alarm.
  • Woke late, but the kids were already ready and eating.  Could have something to do with the cookie pizza they wanted to eat.
  • Filled out two-sided Kalahari retreat permission form, which basically asked the same 3 questions 5 times each ....  Attached check.
  • Promised to send a loaf of bread as my contribution to the retreat food, then started worrying that it was too stingy ....
  • Took out the garbage.
  • Quick clean up in the kitchen & bathrooms.
  • Fed the bird & changed out the critters' water.
  • Coffee 1.
  • Email to fellow mom re zoo overnight arrangements.
  • Caught up on emails, news, social media.

To do:

• Might sneak a nap.
  • Lots of client work.
  • Kids have vision appointments after school choir practice.
  • Kids have math test to study for; canceled other activities for final push.
  • Hope to do some exercise & reading.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 8

@Selkie, your horse wears boots??? 

@SKL, "Wednesday high" -- is this a real thing? Because I've noticed in the past, Mondays are shot for me (I am outside the home on Mondays), Tuesdays I'm recovering/ok, and Wednesdays are my most productive day, ever, every week. Even in the summer/time off from my outside thing, Weds is the day I manage to get everything done. This happens to you too?? Or you meant something else by "Weds high"? Now I'm curious.....

Now, my list....yesterday was good and aside from the "figure out DS21 and the stupid excess credit hours thing", which I said I was going to skip (ha!), I got all the things done. Well, minus that the laundry is still in the dryer. 

So today is:
-quilt -- I got roughly a quarter of the background quilting done yesterday, need to try and finish today. It's not too bad, I'll just need to wrangle my extra table into place and then it will go much better. 

-take DS18 to DPS to get his permit/license/whatever they decide to issue him; I'll put us in line, online, once he wakes up....ha! 

-go by my local quilt shop to pick up my next Round Robin quilt; this is our final one, but the shop owner wanted to add stuff to her round on this quilt before we turn it in, so she kept it for a bit (which is why I've had time to work on other things). 

-kids have church tonight, so DH & I are on our own for dinner.....we'll either eat out, or just eat cereal and such at home

-fold yesterday's laundry, see if there's enough other stuff to go in the wash (but I don't think there is)

• Like 6

Good morning! dd2 has two finals today and then she is done. She is planning to squeeze in all the summer fun she can before her surgery on June 3. ds3 is plugging along- his adventure in public school put his homeschool behind. He is planning to be finished by June 10, I think. ds2 has to figure out the job thing today.

• pick up ds3 from tennis
  • coffee/paper
  • school with ds3
  • get some online things done
  • laundry- sheets and towels
  • ds3 to PT
  • home to more chores
  • read
  • maybe handwork?
  • dinner? not sure what dh has planned.

Have a great day!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, TheReader said:

Yeah, one of them does. He came from a neglect situation and has chronic laminitis, which is a painful inflammation of the feet. He wears custom made Soft Ride boots with gel inserts that cushion his feet and make it comfortable for him to walk. I can't even tell you how many hours of my life have been spent putting the boots on, taking them off, cleaning them, tracking them down when he loses them...but I love him and it's worth it.:wub:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TheReader said:

@SKL, "Wednesday high" -- is this a real thing? Because I've noticed in the past, Mondays are shot for me (I am outside the home on Mondays), Tuesdays I'm recovering/ok, and Wednesdays are my most productive day, ever, every week. Even in the summer/time off from my outside thing, Weds is the day I manage to get everything done. This happens to you too?? Or you meant something else by "Weds high"? Now I'm curious.....

[Sorry, I could not delete the Selkie part.]

Wednesday high is a real thing for me, though I never gave it a name before, LOL.  I am normally super productive (for my standards) on Wednesday mornings.  I assumed it was because it's garbage day, which means (a) I have no choice but to hustle and beat the garbage trucks, and (b) purging puts me in a good mood.

But now come to think of it, I can see Wednesday being productive for people in general ...   I seemed to remember reading a study about this, so I googled and yep - at least one study said Wednesday is the most productive day for workers.  But another one said Tuesday.  And another one said Monday.  So who knows?  😛

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Selkie said:

Yeah, one of them does. He came from a neglect situation and has chronic laminitis, which is a painful inflammation of the feet. He wears custom made Soft Ride boots with gel inserts that cushion his feet and make it comfortable for him to walk. I can't even tell you how many hours of my life have been spent putting the boots on, taking them off, cleaning them, tracking them down when he loses them...but I love him and it's worth it.:wub:

I have never heard of that! I'm sorry it's because his feet are inflamed, but he sounds lovely and clearly must be amazing if you do that for him. He must be a sweetie! 

9 minutes ago, SKL said:

[Sorry, I could not delete the Selkie part.]

Wednesday high is a real thing for me, though I never gave it a name before, LOL.  I am normally super productive (for my standards) on Wednesday mornings.  I assumed it was because it's garbage day, which means (a) I have no choice but to hustle and beat the garbage trucks, and (b) purging puts me in a good mood.

But now come to think of it, I can see Wednesday being productive for people in general ...   I seemed to remember reading a study about this, so I googled and yep - at least one study said Wednesday is the most productive day for workers.  But another one said Tuesday.  And another one said Monday.  So who knows?  😛

Cool, thanks for the google, LOL! I always figured it was just that it took me until Wednesday to recover from long weekends/busy Mondays....interesting to know it's a phenomenon that happens to other people too. 

• Like 5

Okay, 2/3rds-ish done on the quilt; everything from the top of the heart, down, is quilted. Will come back and do the top of the heart, up, later. 

Folded/hung the clean laundry from yesterday; there is not enough for another load yet, so that is done. 

Started the dishwasher. 

And....took migraine meds as the mild headache I woke up with seems to be creeping into migraine territory. Drinking water, heading to bed, and hopefully will have caught it early enough to still finish quilting and go run errands this afternoon. Some months, taking the meds right away like this works and knocks it out totally....other months, taking the meds early like this does nothing and I sleep for 2 days trying to recover. :sigh:  Thankfully it's only ever once/month, mostly, and if I would pay attention, semi-predictable still, and I can, if I have to, work through it. Could be so much worse.  Still....for today, that's meds & bed, and hopefully back to productivity later. 

Oh, and figured out the DH & I dinner -- Reuben sandwiches. The kids and I had some at a friend's house this week, and she sent home some homemade sauerkraut, so I'll have DH & I stop and get the other ingredients on the way home from dropping off the boys at church. DH will be happy; he loves Reubens. 

Okay, bed. Headache is winning for now. 

• Like 5

Good morning!  I'm late to the party, though I've been up and working for a good while.

Done:
AHG emails/texts
Amazon orders
Kids up, made and ate breakfast, working on math.
Talked to mom

Next up:
Lunch with a friend
Pick up milk and bagels
Buy something for Dd
Drop Dd at rehearsal
Work at church with Ds. VBS prep!! 
Pick up Dd and head home

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TheReader said:

I have never heard of that! I'm sorry it's because his feet are inflamed, but he sounds lovely and clearly must be amazing if you do that for him. He must be a sweetie! 

Ha, he is only sweet about once in a blue moon. The rest of the time he is ornery, headstrong, and very smart about playing dumb when he doesn't want to do something. But he makes me laugh and I love a challenge.🙂 I remind him often that he was slaughterhouse-bound when I bought him, so he really owes it to me to behave nicely - but he doesn't seem to agree.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Selkie said:

Ha, he is only sweet about once in a blue moon. The rest of the time he is ornery, headstrong, and very smart about playing dumb when he doesn't want to do something. But he makes me laugh and I love a challenge.🙂 I remind him often that he was slaughterhouse-bound when I bought him, so he really owes it to me to behave nicely - but he doesn't seem to agree.

Sounds a lot like our youngest dog and youngest cat.....  ❤️❤️  I described one of them once as "slightly more cute than annoying..."   I've used that same "you know, I *rescued* you....you could have been put to sleep if not for us..." on them, and neither one changes their behavior as a result, either.  We still keep feeding them, walking the dog, playing fetch with the cat, etc.... Those big personality animals are so lovably obnoxious, aren't they? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Okay, up from my migraine nap. Ate lunch. Watched Jeopardy. Tried to "get in line, online" for DPS.....NO time slots available today (they don't close until 6 pm; it's just before 2 pm now.....meaning they have so many people in line currently it's going to take until closing to get through them? yikes).  Will have to probably push to next week, then; tomorrow we have stuff to do so I can't risk getting online in line in the morning and not getting a slot until we leave for our other stuff, and Friday we drop off my car for repairs, so I'll be carless.....

While I was napping, quilt shop owner replied that she isn't yet done adding her part of the round robin (she was adding detail to her previously-done-round), so I'm letting her keep it over the long weekend (shop will be closed) so that buys me more time to work on stuff I want/need to work on, which means I can actually start (and maybe get fully pieced???) DS18's graduation quilt....

So now, up to finish quilting the current project. I'd like to take it by the quilt shop, even though I can't pick up my round robin, to show her if possible, but mostly I really want it done to take to my sister tomorrow night. Probably an hour-ish or so left on the quilting, then will have to do binding, label, and wash. Binding is not made (well, I should check if I have any lying around that could work.....) and is my least favorite part, so....

I do feel better, so that's good. A little sleepy/groggy, but quiltable, I think. 

• Like 4

I finished the quilting!! Wow. Not the binding yet, 'cause, ugh. I'll do that tonight or in the morning. But it's done and that's close enough I'll be able to be totally done before we see my sister tomorrow. Yay!!!! Only a few years past when I started it......

Took it to show a friend; skipped the quilt shop b/c I visited with my friend too long. That was fun! 

Boys are at church, DH and I had our sandwiches for dinner, now he's doing emails/work stuff while I catch up here and we should maybe have enough time to watch one of our shows before we pick the boys up. 

• Like 4

Today was busy, busy, busy.

Did tons of office work.

Tons of barn/paddock/pasture chores.

Worked on training a couple horses.

Vacuumed.

Did laundry (need to hang a load of towels still).

Made dinner.

Dd had a violin lesson.

Evening chores are 1/2 done.

Have to locate my stash of natural bug spray, because there are swarms of annoying little gnats outside.

• Like 3