Menu

What's with the ads?

New possible homeschooler mom and I was wondering how to annual assessment works? I have a teenager in the 10th grade. I saw somewhere that you can take it online but I wasn’t sure if that was allowed or even actually accredited. And if I need a certified teacher, where do you find one to administer the test?

10 minutes ago, IaniyaRivera123 said:

New possible homeschooler mom and I was wondering how to annual assessment works? I have a teenager in the 10th grade. I saw somewhere that you can take it online but I wasn’t sure if that was allowed or even actually accredited. And if I need a certified teacher, where do you find one to administer the test?

I haven't ever heard of an annual assessment that was "accredited."

According to HSLDA, you can give the test yourself with approval from the superintendent.

Have you connected with local homeschoolers? If not, that would probably be your best bet. Here's a page with links to a number of New York groups.

There are many standardized tests that can be administered at home.  Seton and Brewster are two providers.  Select one of the tests that your state accepts. 

You could also use the SAT or ACT as the annual assessment test. Register on the respective website and choose the most convenient of the available testing locations.