Menu

Who’s going to tackle Monday with me?

Laundry

Eagle Project -- keep bugging and following up with DS.

Bug the kids to clean, because I don't want to.

Maybe swim?  The weather doesn't make that likely.

Wait on pins and needles as we decide our housing situation for our move this week (we have a firm deadline).  Optimal decision financially that makes a huge positive impact on our living situation and a smooth transition.  Other situation has us in temporary housing for 90 days, and will be a more difficult financial path -- but still doable.

• Like 10

Good morning!

• make sure boys are up and out the door for their first day back at work
  • morning chores
  • vet appt. at 10:30 (our foxhound Winry needs a repeat heartworm test, since she came from down south)
  • stop at post office
  • vacuum main floor and steps
  • school w/dd
  • loads of office work
  • get Amazon return ready - if I can find a box
  • water plants
  • dinner: cabbage fried rice
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 8

Melissa, surprise visits from grown children are the best!

Lisa, I pray the housing situation is resolved in a great way. 

Good morning! I hope you all had a great weekend. I need to get motivated and moving this morning, but the usuals are done (dh and cats taken care of as well as a cup of joe).

I am in the middle of going through ds' school stuff. I did a terrible job this semester of recording grades. I would grade things as he did them, but I just kept putting them in a file. So, I'm going to tackle a subject at a time (already did one this weekend), and get the grade for the semester and year to finalize his transcript. He's actually still working on a few things, so those grade will have to wait until he's finished, but I'll go ahead and record everything I can. I guess my first goal for next year should be to do a better job of record keeping. 

• another cup of coffee
  • make a meal plan list of the week  (partially done)
  • meals (breakfast and lunch done)
  • work on grades/records
  • make a school list for ds for week
  • do school with ds
  • tutor 1 student 
  • take ds to a doctor appointment 
  • see a friend sometime this afternoon or evening
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 9

Good morning, all!

• school ds
  • go to the dmv to renew my registration
  • drop off bill at the post office
  • meet up with a new mom at the library
  • lunch
  • grocery store for group snack
  • take ds to p.e.
  • fold yesterday's laundry
  • clean the bathrooms
  • violin practice with ds
  • dinner: don't know.  Maybe stir fry, maybe leftover bbq. 
  • Like 10

Good morning!

-coffee
-DS18 off to school
-school with DS14 (has 3 papers and an Algebra II final this week then the is DONE)
-workout (HiiT cardio and a little bit of weights thrown in)
-laundry
-kitchen floors
-think about centerpieces for baseball banquest (I'm cutting magnolia blooms for the parents' tables, need to figure out something for the boys)
-sit down with DS18 and write letter to electrician (didn't do it yesterday)
-make sure DS18 followed through with his guidance counselor about teacher recs
-make sure DS18 is working on his English paper (see a pattern here?)
-read
-dinner (salmon for the boys, roasted cauliflower for me)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 9

Morning everyone--

today's docket:

• coffee
  • quick tidy of downstairs
  • start laundry
  • morning school with the younger ones
  • laundry
  • keep older ones focused and check work as needed --tomorrow is our Last Day of School and no one's brains (including mine) are present and accounted for...
  • lunch, dishes, put littlest one down for nap while folding laundry
  • afternoon school for all
  • one child to piano lessons, run a few errands
  •  supper -- homemade pizza
  • grading for the high school boys...  need to get some year end averages for those transcripts. 
Edited by Zoo Keeper
  • Like 9

Good morning!

Only a tiny bit of school left to do for us, but our days are still busy. Tech week for dd's play! My house is a wreck and must be both tidied and cleaned this week. Desperately need to do yardwork.

• Get dd started on Algebra. Print exam
  • Math and writing with ds.
  • Update YNAB
  • Get and prepare food to take to Scouts tonight. Nothing tricky - Stouffers chx enchiladas and salad in a bag. Also get some fruit for tomorrow.
  • Get makeup for dd. Do her hair. (Yikes! I am NOT good at this!!)
  • Dd to rehearsal.
  • Haircut for ds.
  • Iron Ds' scout shirt
  • Camp physical?
  • Order sandwich platter for tomorrow.
  • Ds to Scouts. He gets to be in the color guard for a COH tonight. Only his third week as a Boy Scout and he is still nervous, not feeling at home yet.  
  • Pick up Dd.  

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 9

Good morning! 

We are done with school except for DS18 doing one last thing for BritLit Hooray!

Today's agenda....
...quilt the central heart bit on my sister's quilt  (I did get the Marvel quilt into quit top stage over the weekend, and will work on applique's all summer)
...take kids to a friend's house (all of us) for lunch/puzzles/video games
...stop at store for a few items on the way home
...look up what's needed for DS18 to get his Learner's Permit & make that appointment
...decide on dinner
...more quilting on my sister's quilt (If I can finish by Thurs, would be amazing)
...make sure the boys put away the clean laundry sitting in the laundry room

Nothing too major, just lots of little things, and the quilting...

• Like 9

Happy Monday!  I read some fb memes reminding me that we need to be happy we woke up alive, so therefore I am happy.  Also the weather is really nice right now.

I am pretty stressed out with my work situation.  That is nothing new.  I didn't want to get up at all, but that wasn't an option, so I am coffeeing up.

So this is the last week of graded school work, I think.  They have tests most days this week and are not super prepared, but at this point, it is what it is.  I'm annoyed at several teachers who won't update grades so we can see whether we are on track or not.  Then if you ask about it they get testy.

Done:

• Wee hours: continue laundry until the last load was in the dryer.
  • Clean the crud that collects and stinks in the washer.  Major design flaw IMO.
  • Set about 12 alarms for morning & went to sleep.
  • Kid 1 up early to study for her LAST 7th grade science test.
  • Tried to do some work, but realized I need more info, so I went back to bed.
  • Kid 2 up.
  • Break my record for # of snooze buttons hit.  (May also be a world record.)
  • Review science homework & supervise corrections.
  • Feed the kids and shoo them off to the school bus.
  • Eat the kids' leftovers.
  • Fold / hang the last load of laundry from the dryer.  Put some away.
  • Coffee.
  • Clean kitchen, bathrooms, and some clutter.
  • Catch up on social media, news, emails.
  • Help friend with an allergy situation.
  • 1 call re client work so far.

To do:

• More coffee.
  • Lots and lots of client work, some promised today and some overdue etc.
  • Put away the rest of the laundry.
  • A little reading, yoga....
  • Sign kids and their friend up for a zoo overnight.
  • Kids have test study and homework tonight.
  • Some sort of dinner.
  • Kid 1 has a gymnastics class tonight.  Driver is off so I will drive.
  • Hopefully walk during kid's gym class.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 9

Got *almost* done with the focus area quilting on my sister's quilt, and the bobbin ran out. As it was 10 mins before my timer to leave for our friend's house, I'm stopping there, getting ready, and off we go. I am very pleased with how it's going so far (if I can figure out how, I will post a pic here later on, but usually I keep getting some error of being over my size limit for life or something....). 

• Like 7

Well I put away all the kids' laundry, which reminded me how much needs to be purged and organized in their rooms ... I can't wait to have some time to do that ... but I am so behind on work I have no business even thinking about it ....

• Like 8

human care done

pet care done

medical care done

morning exercises done

read my Katy Bowman blog for the day.  I might add an exercise to my regimen but I will have to experiment with it later today when I have more time.

now to work even five minutes on my camp business.  I am finding myself feeling overwhelmed by it and I find that just agreeing to do five minutes seems to get me over that hump.  Then if I stop to do other things (which I will have to do anyway because of our school schedule) I still have that start and can get back into it so much easier.  And if I don't have to stop to do other things, often those five minutes turn into doing the entire project.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Pink and Green Mom said:

I'm finding that once I work out I feel I am done for the day and nothing else gets done.  Must change this.

I feel the same way after eating, reading, thinking ... well just about all the time, LOL.  If only napping were considered productive work ....

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

oh, Margaret, what an unpleasant adventure you had! Yikes. I cannot even imagine dealing with 45* water to rinse/wring by hand the clothes. Although, a funny: when I first read it, "our water comes out of our well at 45 degrees," I thought "at a 45 degree angle" and couldn't figure out why that, a, mattered, and b, made your hands hurt. Duh. Forty five degrees *temperature/farenheit*. Aha. Makes much more sense that way, LOL!  In any case, I'm glad the dresses are drying and your DH is dealing with all of the other fall out; I hope it's not too difficult to take care of. 

• Like 5

And, my update - we're just back from my friend's house. The boys (mine and hers) played video games, she made Reubens for lunch (yum), we worked a bit on her crazy-insane puzzle and just visited. It was so nice!! 

Left and went to the store for five things on my list; the boys asked to look at Legos while I grocery shopped. Thirty-ish minutes later, they'd managed to spend $100 between the two of them (they have the $$ to spend, so......okay then). Need to discuss impulse shopping a bit more, methinks.....

Figured out dinner while at the store (only had to buy 1 thing for it, a bag of spinach), came home, meat is quick-thawing and I'll work on that in a bit. Edited a few emails for DH (reports), checking the DPS requirements for DS18's learner's permit, then heading back up to keep quilting. 

• Like 5

dishwasher rebooted

kitchen range cleaned

kitchen hand washing done

kitchen counters wiped down

recycling has been put out.

garbage bins pulled up from the curb

yard waste has been put out.

one load of laundry folded and put away

one load of laundry put in the washing machine

clarifying camp texts sent.  I'm glad that I didn't send out the newsletter yet.  I had forgotten a couple of key items.

• Like 5

Margaret, I'm so sorry for all those troubles and the weather! Our son's girlfriend lives in Colorado Springs, and she comes here in June. It's going to be a huge difference with temperatures next week supposed to be hitting 97. She lived here, though, so she knows it well! 

I can't seem to edit my list, but I did most of it. Ds didn't actually finish all his schoolwork, and I never got to work on any grades today. 

He can get up earlier tomorrow and work on some I need to check before he goes on to the next thing. I tutor 4 students, so I doubt I'll get much more than school and essentials done tomorrow. 

Have a good evening! 

• Like 4

grocery shopped

tried to make dinner but the recipe was way way way off on how long it said that things were to be cooked.  I finally turned off the stove and we went out to a local diner to eat.  I will stick it in the crockpot tomorrow and let it take its time.

laundry put in the dryer

cleaned half of the bathroom.

finished typing up the camp newsletter and sent it off to the person in charge of distribution.  Also sent some new addresses to her for recipients.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, HomeAgain said:

Good morning, all!

• school ds
  • go to the dmv to renew my registration
  • drop off bill at the post office
  • meet up with a new mom at the library
  • lunch
  • grocery store for group snack
  • take ds to p.e.
  • fold yesterday's laundry
  • clean the bathrooms
  • violin practice with ds
  • dinner: don't know.  Maybe stir fry, maybe leftover bbq. 

There's a lot that didn't get done yesterday. 😄   Things will be carried over to today.  On the upside, I got the lawn mower working and did that, and oldest ds grilled for us while I mowed/cleaned up the kitchen after.  Have I mentioned what a good young adult he has become?

• Like 2