Menu

CurrClick Closing Question

Ewe Mama

Hello, everyone!

It has been aeons since my last post or comment, but I do pop in from time to time to read up on how everyone is doing. 

I just discovered the news that CurrClick has closed on my most recent visit this morning, and I have lost hundreds of files in my library that I thought were safely stored on their site so I could pull them off as needed, rather than cluttering up my hard drive.  Did they notify people via email of the site closing down?  I'm not on Facebook.  I admit to having my mind focused elsewhere, as my father was dying and I just did not keep up with emails and such, but I was totally blindsided by the news of the site being closed.  Is there any way of getting my files back?  I spent hundreds of dollars on Currclick (lapbooks, unit studies, Math Mammoth, language arts, sciences, everything!) and to lose it all without foreknowledge is a kick in the teeth.   I do have SOME things downloaded, but the vast majority was not. 

I have a feeling I know what the very ugly answer is going to be...

I received an email from Currclick about mid-April that they would be closing at the end of the month and downloads would no longer be available a couple of weeks after that. So about a month's notice before I couldn't get my items from my Currclick library anymore.

I also received an email from Math Mammoth in late April reminding me that if I purchased Math Mammoth downloads from Currclick that I needed to get them downloaded ASAP before they were gone.

I had some purchases on there dating back over ten years ago. It's amazing that for the most part, they let you keep your items stored on their servers indefinitely. I had one publisher that had updated their product and wouldn't let me access my outdated copy any longer. They wanted me to buy the updated version without even a discount for having previously purchased the outdated version. I decided to pass and find a different resource. That was the only problem I ever had on Currclick's website and it wasn't even really their fault, it was the publishers.

I had bought a couple of things from them and never saw an email (though I saw about it here and elsewhere,  and I didn't have any files there). I suspect it went to spam, which could easily have happened to you. I'm sorry you lost your files! That's rotten!

I’m sorry about your dad.  Maybe try to see if you can still contact them somehow and explain the situation.  Worth a try...

Eta:  if you have your emails showing proof of purchase, maybe you can contact the publishers directly to ask if you can download them.  Or...at least the ones most important to you.

Edited by mlktwins

• 3 weeks later...

I'm curious if you had any luck getting your files. My father-in-law passed away around the same time.

I am trying to find a seller, joy in the journey resources - Julie Lay. No luck on google. Trying to get Apologia Exploring Creation tests she made. 

Sorry for your loss.

On 5/19/2019 at 2:01 PM, Ewe Mama said:

Hello, everyone!

It has been aeons since my last post or comment, but I do pop in from time to time to read up on how everyone is doing. 

I just discovered the news that CurrClick has closed on my most recent visit this morning, and I have lost hundreds of files in my library that I thought were safely stored on their site so I could pull them off as needed, rather than cluttering up my hard drive.  Did they notify people via email of the site closing down?  I'm not on Facebook.  I admit to having my mind focused elsewhere, as my father was dying and I just did not keep up with emails and such, but I was totally blindsided by the news of the site being closed.  Is there any way of getting my files back?  I spent hundreds of dollars on Currclick (lapbooks, unit studies, Math Mammoth, language arts, sciences, everything!) and to lose it all without foreknowledge is a kick in the teeth.   I do have SOME things downloaded, but the vast majority was not. 

I have a feeling I know what the very ugly answer is going to be...

I don’t have any info for you but I just wanted to say it’s great to see you here again!!!

• 1 month later...

Our family had a major loss in April and I completely forgot to download my files - I am so sad!!  I had so many resources that I pulled from each year as I had another child come to that grade level.  I guess I will have to find new preschool curriculum for my youngest :(  

I wish they would have kept the site up until the end of August when more of us were in planning for the upcoming school year.