Menu

What's with the ads?

If I ever think of moving again.

My friend came over and helped, dh's friend helped. After countless trips back and forth, we still have things to pack. 

Next weekend is the last push. Thank God for Memorial Day Monday!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Moving sucks and is so hard.  I hope you stay happy in your new home for a very long time.  *pat pat pat*

• Thanks 1

We have never been willing to pay for packers, so I have always packed the whole house myself. Well, DH helps as he can, and the kids were older this time and did their own rooms. But mainly me. We've sold five houses in 20 years, so we have moved every four years, on average. In 2018, we moved twice -- once our own stuff, and once my dad's stuff.  I am SO over it.

It seems endless!!! When it seems you must finally be coming to the end, there is still so much to do.

You can do it!!! One day soon, you will turn in the keys to the old house and be done with it.

Edited by Storygirl
  • Like 1

Ugh!

I do hope to move, but I’m also dreading it. I once packed up an apartment pretty much all myself, with a 4yo underfoot and less than 6 weeks postpartum!  I suspect packing up, even with help, a house that 5 kids will have been raised in will be even worse. 😞 

Best of luck to you in getting it finished!

• Like 1

Yeah, our last move. So. Much. Harder. than I remembered. But it's kind of like childbirth, because I'm already over it.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Liz CA said:

If I ever think of moving again.

My friend came over and helped, dh's friend helped. After countless trips back and forth, we still have things to pack. 

Next weekend is the last push. Thank God for Memorial Day Monday!

Moving is no fun and I really hope I never have to do it again.  If I do, I have like one more move in me and that's it.

Well, unless we win the lottery or something.

• Like 1

And the weather...we live in CA. We already had temps in the lower nineties. Yesterday afternoon, it began to rain and wind gusts of 40mph were forecasted and materialized. Today, it's raining hard already in the morning. We are still moving boxes but it's  just not quite as much fun when you are sprinting between house and car with your hands full.

Dh said if we ever moved in August, there would be a weekend with thunderstorms and rain then too - and we never get rain here in August.  🤔

Edited by Liz CA

16 years ago I told my DH the next move is to the nursing home and I meant it 😛

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Storygirl said:

It seems endless!!! When it seems you must finally be coming to the end, there is still so much to do.

Exactly! The last time we moved, 15 years ago, I honestly, 100%, innocently believed that once our friends got there, we could grab up the last bits of odds and ends that were a little too big for boxes in about half an hour.  

It took 3 hours for those last minute odds and ends.  And that was on top of moving all the big furniture and boxed items.  It was so awful.  We’d worked so hard to move lots of things in little pieces before the Big Moving Day and we thought we were on the ball...and we weren’t in the slightest.  It was embarrassing.

We’re too old now to move ourselves—not strong enough.  We’ll hire movers next time, but I hope that’s not for another 15 years into a retirement community.

• Like 2