Menu

Anybody purchasing from Build Your Bundle Sale?

I can only find a few things I might like this year.  So, I probably won't buy this year. I might change my mind if there are coupon codes for the publishers given after purchasing. There are other things I want to buy from a few of the publishers.

Are there coupon codes?(to be clear, I am not asking for the codes, just if they are given.)

Thanks!

If I was homeschooling year round and not just in the summer, I would absolutely buy the Charlotte Mason STEM and HISTORY bundle.  "California Out of the Box" I've heard is a good curriculum, I've ALMOST bought the Explore Medieval Kingdoms curriculum before to supplement Story of the World.   The graphics from the Nature Science website would be useful, I've been curious about Math Mammoth, and I've supplemented with Mystery of History before (it was my second choice to Story of the World, and I used something from their free sampler to cover the Maccabees, something SOTW skipped, in Volume I). 

BUT, even though I'm doing some afterschooling and homeschooling during the summer, and we're going to keep doing SOTW and are in the middle ages, I am really having to cut down on supplementary stuff if I'm going to get very far at all in just 2 months, and we already have a math curriculum I can use, and they covered California history in school this year, plus I have a free curriculum that would be fine just for adding a little CA history to SOTW, so I'm resisting the temptation to buy a bunch of stuff I probably won't be able to use. 

I'm a bit disappointed in the offerings. Two years ago, I found SO much that looked useful to us that I had a hard time scaling it down. 
Last year and this year, I have found the offerings lacking. Don't know why. Maybe I have all i need already? Which, if I was being honest with
myself, is the truth. But I do like to peruse!

On that note: has anyone figured out what's in the Mystery Bundle yet?

I have to amend my statement. When I first commented, I had only looked at the Curated Bundles. With those, I was not all that impressed. But now that I've been looking through the individual offerings in "Build You Own", I'm finding A LOT of good stuff! I'm filling my cart up as we speak. And while the discount is fabulous for a fuller cart, I still may have to pare some things down! LOL

12 minutes ago, scrapbookbuzz said:

I have to amend my statement. When I first commented, I had only looked at the Curated Bundles. With those, I was not all that impressed. But now that I've been looking through the individual offerings in "Build You Own", I'm finding A LOT of good stuff! I'm filling my cart up as we speak. And while the discount is fabulous for a fuller cart, I still may have to pare some things down! LOL

There are things available in Build Your Own that are NOT in the Curated Bundles?

Well, I don't know if they are specifically excluded. What I'm finding for me is that I only like one or two things included in the pre-made bundles. But you CAN buy those things individually OR build your own bundle to include those items. Fill up your cart with more than 4 or 5 items, and watch the price go down! Seriously! It's a little addicting...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scrapbookbuzz said:

Well, I don't know if they are specifically excluded. What I'm finding for me is that I only like one or two things included in the pre-made bundles. But you CAN buy those things individually OR build your own bundle to include those items. Fill up your cart with more than 4 or 5 items, and watch the price go down! Seriously! It's a little addicting...

So what did you get? I need nothing. But I like to look. 

I had to head out to an event before I was done looking so I haven't bought anything yet!
However, amongst the several other things I should do today, I'll probably look some more.
Need to peruse, fill up the cart, then scale down before I make my final purchase. When I'm done,
I'll let you in on what I bought!

18 hours ago, scrapbookbuzz said:

I tend to agree with this.  I couldn’t find any specific bundle this year that seemed like good value but by picking my own stuff I found enough to make it worth it I think.  Whether I use it all is another thing.  I have a pretty large collection of unused curriculum at this point.

• Haha 1

So....I succumbed to the "Oooh, shiny!" LOL
I did NOT purshase the Mystery Bundle as it stated it was mostly geared towards elementary
and I don't have any kiddos that young anymore. Plus those are easier, I think, to piece meal if I have to
compared to the olders. 

I put together my OWN bundle, and for just over $40,
here's what I did get, for those that are interested:

Homemaker's Backyard Garden Journal: Planner & Tracker x 1
The Science of Seasons x 1
US President Sorting Mats: Full Set of 50 Presidents x 1
Earth Science Reading Bundle x 1
State Research Project with Bonus Lapbook x 1
A Night Sky Nature Study Printable x 1
Beginner Hebrew Notebooking x 1
State Songs of the 50 U.S. States Online Course x 1
Marketing Plan: Algebra x 1
Cinema Studies for Literature Learning x 1
STEM Airplane Design x 1
Ultimate YouTube PlayList: World Geography x 1
Anatomy Muscular System Bundle x 1
30-Days of Gratitude Journal x 1
Developing Algebraic Reasoning x 1
Christmas Around the World Unit Study x 1
The Ultimate US History Cheat Sheets x 1
A Child's Geography: Explore Medieval Kingdoms x 1

I ended up with all three Mystery of History audio Books (I already had Volume I from a previous BUild Your BUndle) I listen to audiobooks for fun. I might be able to interest my kids)

Developing ALgebraic Reasoning
Cursive Writing 101
Caligraphy Book for Beginners
STEM Airplane Design
Math in the Cards

I almost got the US History Cheat Sheets because we LOVE the Math ones we recently got but... I don't know when they will next be useful. Not for the next two years. So I decided I would buy them separate if needed.