Menu

What's with the ads?

heartlikealion

Wise Hive - today or Monday?

I’m waiting to hear back from a job interview (not the full-time ESL job. I eventually got a rejection letter for that). 

They said they’d need 2 weeks because they had other candidates. Well yesterday marked two weeks from my interview. I was going to wait til Monday to touch base but I’m also getting antsy. Would you email today (this afternoon) or wait til next week to ask if the position has been filled?

It’s a position at a Catholic school and if I got it I would enroll my kids there. Their last day of school is next week (Wed.) and I forgot to ask in the interview when the candidate would start but I know the role requires working summers. 

WWYD? 

12 minutes ago, RootAnn said:

I'd wait til Monday.

You are probably right. Maybe today seems pushy. I’m just wondering how many candidates could they possibly need to narrow it down to when it was advertised in a very limited capacity. 

They may be interviewing one more person today.  They may have already offered it to someone else and are waiting for a response before they call the other applicants. Wait.  They have your number.  

• Like 1

I'd wait till Monday too.  I always think of Fridays as a busy day of hurrying to finish things and then winding down.  Plus, they might have allowed themselves the end of this week to finish interviewing.

(I hope you get the job!)

• Thanks 1

All these people keeping me waiting... I couldn’t even find out of my daughter got into the public school PreK (which I’ll really need if I don’t get the job and homeschool). The school said look for a letter in the mail. There was nothing in my P.O. Box. Maybe tomorrow. 

I was very busy Monday so decided I'd just wait til Tuesday. I emailed this afternoon and the principal emailed me back saying they chose someone else (gee, thanks for notifying me. Wonder when that decision was made). 

We had nothing in the mail as of Monday regarding dd's acceptance into PreK. I had dh ask on the phone. They said she got in. So at least there's that. 

• Sad 2

Oh no!  I’m so sorry! And how rotten of them to not even bother to let you know!

I’m glad to hear your dd was accepted into the Pre-K, though. 

Edited by Catwoman

23 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

Oh no!  I’m so sorry! And how rotten of them to not even bother to let you know!

I’m glad to hear your dd was accepted into the Pre-K, though. 

Thanks. Well I'm glad I registered ds in that supplemental English class (weekly, for homeschoolers). I met the teacher at their open house several weeks ago and she actually has a strong English background. It'll be an interesting year. I do think we'll end up homeschooling as the alternative is sending him to an F-rated school as his current C-rated school ends at his current grade (5th). Tomorrow is his last day of fifth grade. Friday I meet with the school psychometrist to discuss his recent tests to see if he was eligible for an IEP or 504. I got a copy of the report this afternoon. He is not. In fact they didn't even observe ADD/ADHD, although a private eval listed him as having ADHD Inattentive type. So I accomplished all that I could. I got the testing done I could while he was in the school and dd should get speech next year in the school while I stay home with ds. I hope things go smoothly. I'm working on getting him interested in the "Nerd camp" at the library and I've already signed up as a volunteer at a Vacation Bible School this summer. I'm going to a Mom's night with other homeschoolers on Thursday night. Trying to look on the positive side.