Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

TGIF everyone.

It's been raining for the last couple of days and I have been achy and unproductive.  I'm hoping that today will be different.

school

bank

pay those medical bills that have been on the list for three days now.

yard work if the rain lets up enough.  (I shouldn't be complaining about the rain since apparently we are already in mild drought conditions but that doesn't seem to be stopping me. . . )

vacuum that lower flight of stairs

tons of laundry

• Like 4

Good morning!

TGIF! So glad the weekend is here! This week felt like a long slog. 

• school w/dd
  • office work - I have gotten next to nothing done all week
  • laundry
  • clean bathrooms
  • water plants
  • text my dad
  • order tickets for this weekend
  • drive up to the university around 3:00, load the cars up, and move the boys home for the summer 🎉🎉🎉
  • dinner: probably a fend-for-yourself night
  • watch hockey tonight if I can stay awake
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 4

Ok, Thursday tackled me and I haven't recovered.

• Take my can to the mechanic for brake work. Mom is loaning me her car, so I'm not stranded.
  • Ds to/from tutorial. And possibly swimming. Nixed swimming.
  • Dd to/from play practice.
  • MUST do the budget and pay bills!
  • Grocery
  • Fold my laundry
  • Dinner - something easy! Grill burgers? 
  • Go to bed early! 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Good morning!  So Carowinds didn't work out today due to some pressing issues at DH's office.  DS14 is a little upset but that is life.  We will make sure to go before school gets out and he can enjoy the park with less crowds.  So glad it is Friday!

-coffee
-DS18 off to school
-go around the yard while sprinkler system is cycling through to see what is getting too much water/what isn't getting enough water

-school with DS14 (working on 3 papers due next Friday, I think he is in pretty good shape)
-workout (cardio)
-laundry (never ends)
-mop kitchen floor (has been on my to do list forever, hasn't it?)
-go to Publix to order pull apart cupcake cake for baseball banquet
-read (am 6 books behind 52/52 challenge, just picked up three promising books yesterday and have 5 more in transit)
-dinner (roast beef)
-maybe go to a minor leauge ball game tonight?  maybe just stay home and relax?  maybe go to a Clemson baseball game?  who knows...

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 4

Woot! TGIF! Only, my DH, whom I love dearly, is working from home this morning as he needs to be the opposite direction from work later this afternoon....which is throwing my Friday morning routine into a tailspin. Which I can't say to him, but oh well. 'Tis alright, not interrupting anything important, just different. 

So, to do: 
coffee (in progress)
at some point, watch last night's finale of Grey's Anatomy (the interrupted morning routine....dh hates it, so will have to wait till he's gone)
SEW - I would like to finish piecing the Marvel quilt top I'm working on, and piece the backing for my sister's much-delayed quilt, and work on quilting that this weekend
make sure DS18 does the 2 writing assignments remaining for Brit Lit
clean remaining decorations from DS18's Grad Party this past weekend (table cloth, balloons, banners)
take the interrupted time to declutter the mugs/cups cabinet finally
SEW (I *really* want to spend the day sewig.....there's not much else pressing for me to actually do.....)

• Like 4

Friday ... not loving it since it means all the work I was supposed to do this week will be late if I don't get it done in the next 6 hours.  Also the maids are coming, which is an extra pain for me.  Bah.

Done:

• Kid 1 up early to do science homework.
  • Kid 2 up.
  • Made breakfast, reviewed homework.  Homework corrections made it necessary to drive kids to school.
  • Cleaned for the maids - downstairs, bathrooms, and my bedroom.
  • 2 more discussions about what a lousy parent I am.
  • Caught up on social media, emails, news.
  • A little reading.

To do:

• Lots of work - much of it is really urgent.
  • Switch out the pet litter.
  • Move stuff around for the maids, if they come.
  • Deal with the maids.
  • Sign kids up for an overnight at a driveable zoo.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Kids have bowling and TKD - they have rides up until TKD and then I will drive them to dinner.
  • Dinner - it is supposed to be my turn to choose the restaurant, but I am not in the mood.  Ugh.
  • Probably watch some old TV shows after dinner until bedtime.
  • Set alarms to get up in time for kid's 5K tomorrow a.m.
  • Work or sleep.
  • Like 5

:sigh: Kicking myself this morning. Finally checked if the major-specific scholarship at DS18's university had opened.....all the times I checked before, it still had last year's info that stated an opening date (not announcement date) of May 1st......finally checked today, only to find it opened Feb 20, closed March 31, and was announced May 1 this year. I know I checked it after January and it still hadn't updated....I'm so annoyed I missed it. 😞 DS18 still only has college about half funded, even with the loans the school has offered. 

So....spent 30 to 60 mins just now going through the links of other outside scholarships he may be eligible for; sent him roughly 10 to look through and begin applying for. We'll see what happens. Trying not to beat myself up over missing the other one (and, in all honesty, his test scores aren't super competitive, although his GPA is crazy high, so.....) DH is being kind about it. 

But, did also: 
clean up the grad party decor, including saving the stuff that's not year specific so we can (maybe) reuse in a few years when DS14 graduates
watched Grey's Anatomy
finished the coffee

Going to now:
have early lunch w/DH (Here at home) before he leaves for work finally
declutter the cup/mug cabinet
fold/put away yesterday's laundry

sew and sew and sew

• Like 4

human care done.  Though I am out of eggs (which I forgot to put on the grocery list yesterday) so I am having to cobble together a different breakfast.  Have a yogurt though so I'm going with that for protein.

pet care done

medical care done including drinking my first of three magnesium doses.

morning exercises done.  Though having a 55 pound puppy thinking that doing bird-dogs is an invitation for a good wrestle, ups the difficulty level quite a bit!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I discovered a mushroom hunter trespassing in our woods earlier this afternoon. My horses alerted me to it - they're better at detecting unusual activity than my dogs are. I don't mind if mushroom hunters ask permission, but I hate the ones who feel entitled to trespass and help themselves.:dry:

Got a credit card bill in the mail today that was mailed in late March. Our mail delivery is so awful! The problem isn't with our local post office, but with the suburban Chicago one that our mail gets routed through.  I had paid the bill online back in early April, so no damage was done, but it's just frustrating.

Got some office work done (finally), did some laundry, cleaned the kitchen. Watered the plants. Tried to be efficient and order tickets ahead of time for the thing we're going to tomorrow, but found out you can't buy single day passes online. This is a pain, because we always stand in line for at least 45 minutes to get tickets at the venue.

I cleaned one bathroom and am going to clean one more before I leave to get the boys.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

School year is spiraling down here, and fast! Ds had his last day of art and drama tutorial today. He's headed out to see the new Pokemon movie with a neighbor.  Dd has only one final left to go and will likely take it Monday or Tuesday. 

I am clearing out my inbox, reading interesting articles people have sent me, and generally goofing off til it's time to go get Dd from theater rehearsal. 

SO relieved to have financial stuff up to date, bills paid, etc. My van repair is not too bad, moneywise, and my mom offered to pay for scout camp for ds. Woohoo!

Still to do:

• Make two grocery lists: one for what we need tonight for dinner and a real one for tomorrow. No how am I grocery shopping on Friday afternoon!
  • Think through my to-do list for tomorrow before I go too tired.
  • Fold my laundry
  • Read and relax! 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Selkie said:

I discovered a mushroom hunter trespassing in our woods earlier this afternoon. My horses alerted me to it - they're better at detecting unusual activity than my dogs are. I don't mind if mushroom hunters ask permission, but I hate the ones who feel entitled to trespass and help themselves.:dry:

Hobbits!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Selkie, I hope you and your dd don't lose too much time in line at your event this weekend. And I hope you explained to the mushroom hunters how wrong they were. 😞 Yuck. 

Ran some errands -- bought the teacher plan books I need for next year, returned party stuff we didn't need/didn't open, learned that if you try to return stuff at Dollar Tree they only take exchanges, so found $6 worth of items we needed in place of the $6 of items we didn't need and I was trying to return.

Came home, found that DS21 had not sent an email re: his summer employment that DH & I had asked him to send this morning. Discussed why not, and helped him send it. Hopefully we hear back soon. 

Decided on dinner (zuppa toscana knock off)

Going upstairs to see if DS21 needs help packing, and to fold the laundry, and to sew. DH is on the way home also. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And, DONE!! (I think...)

Dinner is bubbling away on the stove. 
DS21 wrote a thing for his summer job (still no reply to the email, but he did his part) and DH is helping him pack.
DS18 finished his writing assignments and they are done and good.
Laundry from yesterday is folded/put away, laundry from today, a bonus load, is in the dryer.

And I SEWED!!!! The Marvel quilt is now 4 complete quadrants, and if there is time after dinner I will join them and then work on the applique (fusible, because I am not crazy) throughout the summer. Tomorrow, I will piece the backing for my sister's quilt and start quilting it (well, more likely, get it backed, layered & basted at least). 

I *think* that's all that was on my list for today....and I also did dishes, helped DH change the oil in DS21's car, helped him water trees, and called my mom about a sound my car is making, and then looked it up to see if I could come up with something. No clue, whatsoever, but we've all agreed it's time to take it in to get checked. 

Yay for a productive Friday!

• Like 2