Menu

WWE - where to start

So, my dd14 will bein grade 9 next year.  She's done a variety of writing programs over the years, but I feel like she has kind of regressed in some ways.  She is a good natural writer, she isn't coming up with ungrammatical writing or anything like that, and her grammar background is fine.  But she seems to be struggling with putting together essays and similar kinds of formal writing, even when I walk her through it.  

This part year we have used Bravewriter's high school essay writing program.  She hated it, and I don't know that she'll end up finishing.  She finds the exercises stupid and annoying, and she doesn't like the style of the text either.

I was thinking of maybe switching to WWE, but I am not sure if we would be best to start with the first level or not.  Or maybe there is another program that would be better?  I would like her to have the nuts and bolts of expository writing, but in a fairly straightforward way.

6 minutes ago, Bluegoat said:

So, my dd14 will bein grade 9 next year.  She's done a variety of writing programs over the years, but I feel like she has kind of regressed in some ways.  She is a good natural writer, she isn't coming up with ungrammatical writing or anything like that, and her grammar background is fine.  But she seems to be struggling with putting together essays and similar kinds of formal writing, even when I walk her through it.  

This part year we have used Bravewriter's high school essay writing program.  She hated it, and I don't know that she'll end up finishing.  She finds the exercises stupid and annoying, and she doesn't like the style of the text either.

I was thinking of maybe switching to WWE, but I am not sure if we would be best to start with the first level or not.  Or maybe there is another program that would be better?  I would like her to have the nuts and bolts of expository writing, but in a fairly straightforward way.

Do you mean WWE or WWS? I think you may mean WWS.  If your child is in grade 9 and has already completed a high school essay writing program, WWE will be way to basic for her.

• Like 1