Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
retiredHSmom

ktgrok-Catholic Religion book for early elementary

You once mentioned a religion book (catholic) that you used with your early elementary kids. I remember it being pretty old and when I looked at the link you provided, I really liked it.  I thought that I had saved the link, but I cant find it. Can you remind me of the textbook/curriculum?

Thank You

Tania

Not Katie, but we always used the Faith and Life series from Ignatius Press.

It is a wonderful series, beautiful pictures, and aligned with catechism.

16 hours ago, Ktgrok said:

Katie, I'm looking for Catholic resources for kids too. 

I checked out the Tell Me About... (first book you listed).  The reviews mention toddlers, while the Amazon description says 8+ years.  I'd ask the question on Amazon, but can't find a way to do it on that particular listing: Do you think this book would be good for a 7yo who is reading at about a 4th grade level, or would you say it's more for toddlers?  We converted to Catholicism about 4 years ago, so...plenty to learn, but we were already Christian, so my kids have read (have been read to) Scripture since toddlerhood.   In other words, looking specifically for Catholic resources vs. more basic Bible stories.

I'm going to order the second book you listed.

Just bumping this thread too, in case anyone else has more recommendations.  Thanks!

Edited by vonbon

5 hours ago, vonbon said:

Katie, I'm looking for Catholic resources for kids too. 

I checked out the Tell Me About... (first book you listed).  The reviews mention toddlers, while the Amazon description says 8+ years.  I'd ask the question on Amazon, but can't find a way to do it on that particular listing: Do you think this book would be good for a 7yo who is reading at about a 4th grade level, or would you say it's more for toddlers?  We converted to Catholicism about 4 years ago, so...plenty to learn, but we were already Christian, so my kids have read (have been read to) Scripture since toddlerhood.   In other words, looking specifically for Catholic resources vs. more basic Bible stories.

I'm going to order the second book you listed.

Just bumping this thread too, in case anyone else has more recommendations.  Thanks!

There is Tell Me About the Catholic Faith that is for older kids that might better suit your 7 yo. It is also by Ignatius. It is twice as long as the one with " for small children" in the title. It isn't as simpl ified.

47 minutes ago, barnwife said:

If it was old-school, could it have been the Our Holy Faith series by TAN?

YES!!! I BET THAT WAS IT!

I totally forgot I had that! I bet that one was it, OP. 

13 hours ago, unsinkable said:

There is Tell Me About the Catholic Faith that is for older kids that might better suit your 7 yo. It is also by Ignatius. It is twice as long as the one with " for small children" in the title. It isn't as simpl ified.

OK, thank you!  I will check this one out instead!