Menu

What's with the ads?

miracleone

Working mom needs 6th grade history recommendation

I need a history that is not so parent intensive yet very interesting for my auditory learner.  She could also use some writing practice.  I thought of VP self paced history but don't want to spend $249.  We did MOH Vol 1 this year with me doing all the reading but I think it is not too interesting for my child.  She didn't want to do the projects suggested in the book either.  Please help.  Thank you.

Hm... I'm not sure if Story of the World would be too young for a 6th grader.   I know some who do it but they usually have younger siblings doing it to or started when they were younger.   But it does have very good audio CDs of the material, and I know people who mainly use just that.   It doesn't cost that much.

Edited by goldenecho

SOTW is more interesting than MOH.  We have used SOTW books with MOH audio in the car.  Recently tried SOTW audio again, and it is great.  You would be surprised how much listening can be done in the car.  I'm going to buy last year's cycle just for review in the car.

I would try the audio for SOTW because it's worthwhile if you end up using something else.  Then just discuss after each chapter.  Maybe she can write about what she learned.

Are you afterschooling or homeschooling?

wait until VP has their sales which happen several times a year. You can expect at least $100 off the regular pricing. There was one last summer in July.

• Like 1