Menu

Amazing exercise program: (My wife has remarkable results, after 4 days)

Lanny

This morning, we were in the kitchen, while my wife was cooking Breakfast. I mentioned that yesterday, in the afternoon, I heard an exercise thing. Then, she and DD began explaining to me what happened.  DD found this on the Internet and my wife signed up for the 7 day free trial. It took them 3 days to get her level, which I think was from the very beginnng. So, this is based on the past 4 days, starting from the "zero" level. This describes the results she got in the 7 day free trial and why she will pay to participate in this program:

She was contemplating going to an Orthopaedic doctor. Problems with Posture, twisted, etc., in addition to being overweight. She could barely move. My Stepson, who has had surgery on his back (Herniated Discs?), twice, in the past few years, including the 2nd one, which was a month or two ago, suggested a Physical Therapist (?) who charges approximately $16 USD per session. (We live in South America so it is much less expensive here)

This costs, if one signs up for the "Online" program, about $11 USD per month, or on an annual basis, $86.30 USD per year, after a 20% discount, I saw on their web site a few minutes ago. For us, the "online" program is best and they update it as necessary. You can do it at your convenience, whenever you want. Apparently they also sell DVD(s) (For $68 USD?), but I doubt those are updated as frequently as the "online" material.

My wife not only can move much better, and without pain, she has lost some centimeters in her waist and hips. It is really amazing and a blessing for her.

If you know someone who is overweight, or in bad shape, suggest to them that they view the 2 videos linked to below.

Try not to let the word "Yoga" turn you off of the possibility of trying this program.

I am going to try to begin this, hoping to gain muscle strength and improve flexibility, possibly tomorrow. 

DDPYoga

main page: https://ddpyoga.com/

arthur's (the veteran) video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448

vance's (the guy who inspired my wife) video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz9nsEjSS1o

• Like 3

How awesome for your wife. I had this DVD set several years ago -- the testimonials are really compelling. For me, I didn't mesh with DDP's personality. I'm sure he's great and all...but I couldn't handle that much energy first thing in the morning, lol. 

I didn't realize they had an online version now. I might have to pass that along to Dh. He might like it. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

How awesome for your wife. I had this DVD set several years ago -- the testimonials are really compelling. For me, I didn't mesh with DDP's personality. I'm sure he's great and all...but I couldn't handle that much energy first thing in the morning, lol. 

I didn't realize they had an online version now. I might have to pass that along to Dh. He might like it. 

How doable is this?  How long was each session/section?  I have arthritis in my knee so lunges (unless modified) are out.  I am plus sized so some moves just don't work for me.   That said, when I can find a yoga that I like I do enjoy it.

• Like 1

Follow-on: When my wife signed up for the Free Trial, they got the information about the card. They will (or have) billed for the first 3 months. I think approximately USD $33 total.   Well worth it.  I would gladly pay that for the improvement she's had in the past few days.

As I wrote earlier, when I looked at the Home Page of their web site, they had a 20% off offer, if one signs up for 12 months.  I told my wife that when her 3 months ends, hopefully they will have another discount offer so she can save some money when she renews.

With regard to how long it takes for each session, I don't know and I suspect that's something the user can select.  

I have seen more than a few threads here on WTM asking about Weight Loss or Exercise programs and most of those are FAR more expensive than $7 USD or $11 USD per month, depending on how many months one has paid for.  And, probably less apt to have good results than this program.  We have, in our Kitchen, a Weight Watchers scale to weigh food portions.  That's from a girlfriend I had, many years ago. She was an Airline Flight Attendant.  

I don't think there are any violent moves in this program.  I hope to begin tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ottakee said:

How doable is this?  How long was each session/section?  I have arthritis in my knee so lunges (unless modified) are out.  I am plus sized so some moves just don't work for me.   That said, when I can find a yoga that I like I do enjoy it.

Here's a breakdown of the DVD-based program I had: https://dysfunctionalparrot.com/health-and-fitness/ddp_yoga_1/

I like DDP's matter-of-fact, no-woo approach. That said, he didn't click with me. I do yoga with Jane Adams DVDs (on Amazon) almost daily, but for weight and strength, I prefer other forms of exercise. 

You can see his style here: 

• Like 1

I've been practising yoga in classes for around six years.  My favourite online resource (free) is Yoga with Adriene.  She has various courses, including ones for beginners.

https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene

@OttakeeI have osteoarthritis in one knee and I find that yoga helps rather than exacerbates it: if I don't do yoga for a few days, I find myself waking up at night in pain.

Edited by Laura Corin
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Ottakee said:

I think it may be very doable.  When we were eating Lunch, I asked my wife and DD about how long the sessions are. I think at first, 45 minutes, as they are explaining the different exercises to you, but after that, I think 20 minutes.  You are in charge...

If you watch the 2 short YouTube videos in the OP, at least one of the 2 men began the program as what I would call "super enormous" size. Way beyond "Plus" size.  And one guy was a Paratrooper and had bad issues with his Back and his Knees. And was also quite overweight as I recall. I watched those videos this morning, so the details are not clear as I write this late in the afternoon, but both videos were quite impressive.

You might take a look and if you try it, I hope that it helps you feel much better.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Fifiruth said:

Thanks, Lanny. I’m going to check this out a bit more since it’s fitness oriented. Normally, I would not do yoga because of its Hindu/New Age teachings and practices. I did not mind his personality. 

I’m happy for your wife. 

This is definitely a fitness program and not anything spiritual.  🙂

Thank you for mentioning DDP Yoga, Lanny! I bought the complete DVD program several years ago and never really used it, even though I recall that I liked it. My dh has been looking for a new fitness program and increased flexibility is one of his goals, but I wouldn’t have thought to recommend DDP’s program if you hadn’t posted about it. 

Edited by Catwoman
  • Like 1