Menu

Do you currently, or in the past, use Pet Meds? Or Chewy?

Ginevra

The online ordering company for pet medications? Do you like using them? 

How about Chewy dot com? For pet food and treats? Are they good? 

For full disclosure, I am asking for stock selection reasons. I own stock in Pet Meds, but the shares are way down at present. I may or may not buy additional shares, based on whether people like the company or not. I have no shares of Chewy, but I might consider it. 

We have used Chewy.com when we had a cat who was on a prescription food. It was much easier than stopping by the vet's office regularly. In general, I haven't had any complaints. I also have ordered other food and litter from them in the past for convenience, although shopping sales usually costs less.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Quill said:

The online ordering company for pet medications? Do you like using them? 

How about Chewy dot com? For pet food and treats? Are they good? 

For full disclosure, I am asking for stock selection reasons. I own stock in Pet Meds, but the shares are way down at present. I may or may not buy additional shares, based on whether people like the company or not. I have no shares of Chewy, but I might consider it. 

I've never ordered pet meds online. I use Chewy.com for cat food and litter. I have it set that every 10 weeks we get a (big) shipment. I've never had any issues.

I do find that chewy.com does do some personal touches that may sway people in their favor. Some examples: we ended up changing the cats' food recently, and I called to see about returning a bag of the old food we never opened, and Chewy gave me a full refund and told me to donate the food to a local shelter. I have received hand written notes once or twice thanking me for my purchase when I've thrown a toy or scratching post in my order; I've received one note shortly after talking to them about the food return and the note had the cats' names on it ("Glad Mayhem and Eclipse so enjoy XX Brand Cat Food. Thanks for ordering from us. Your packer, Doris.")

• Thanks 1

I don't think I've ever used PetMeds. I have ordered feline diabetic testers online but it has been awhile & I don't remember the site I used. I also used an online site for a compounded rx cream that one of my cats needed, but it was through whatever company the vet office sent the rx to. (I am in the SE & the medicine was compounded & sent from the NE.)

Love Chewy. Haven't used them for meds, but do use them regularly for cat food, treats, & sometimes other things like litter or toys. I consider it to be like the amazon.com of the pet world. Easy ordering. Easy shipping. Etc.

• Like 2

We’ve used Chewy for several years- cat food and litter. Good service but their emails and chats drive me crazy. Too cutesy. Last week they sent canned cat food and 38 pounds of litter in the same box and some of the cans were damaged beyond use. I emailed them and the service was good, but they told me to ‘give them a paw’ if I need more help. Like the whole email had cutesy lines like that.

Chewy was bought out by Petsmart or some such company. And we noticed that they stopped carrying some of the premium foods. We had to change foods like three times in six months when they were bought out because they stopped carrying our brand and sold us a different one and then stopped carrying that one...

• Like 1

I love Chewy. We have many animals and have been getting autoships from Chewy every two weeks for the past few years.

Just recently, they messed up for the first time ever - my autoship was accidentally canceled. They were so apologetic, shipped the order out overnight, and issued me a $40 credit. 

Usually, their boxes are packed very carefully, but there was one time that some cans arrived in mangled condition. I let them know and they sent out a replacement immediately.

• Like 1

I have used petmeds I think, maybe, a while ago. I use Chewy very often. Love Chewy. Great customer service, quick shipping, great prices. When my foster dog had an issue with food that the rescue had ordered via Chewy they told me that if I wanted they would credit the rescue for the bag, I could keep the food or donate it, etc. They are getting more and more popular I think. 

Another very satisfied Chewy customer here. We buy cat food, treats, and litter regularly, toys occasionally, and a few months ago a cat tree for 1/3 of what the local pet store charges. So far every order has been correct and delivered in two days. All of the prices are comparable or a little less than at the local pet stores.

• Like 1

I tried PetMeds maybe 6 months ago.  My vet submitted the prescriptions multiple times.  I know, I was there for two of the faxes, but for some reason they only got the prescriptions for one of our two dogs.  They couldn't comprehend multiple pages I guess.  I finally just gave up and bought through the vet again.  SO NOT WORTH THE HASSLE.

Not to mention the packaging didn't look the same as the stuff from the vet so I was concerned it was fake meds from China or something.

Another satisfied customer of Chewy. We ordered an elevated dog bed that was too small. I called to see how to send it back to get the larger size. They told me to donate it to a local animal shelter. I received the larger size in a few days.

To shill for Chewy some more, there was some issue making it hard to cancel a pet's account, and I know a woman who wrote in to tell them that this was a problem if the pet had, y'know, died - she did not get a handwritten card. She got an apology note and flowers in the mail. Plus they fixed the thing.