Menu

Who's going to tackle Tuesday with me?

AP Exams -- wait around the food court, because everything else is closed (this is where I currently sit typing away).

Shopping -- use my NEX coupon.

Go home to a disaster of the remnants from our last breakfast burrito sale.  I just didn't have it in me yesterday.

Work on Eagle Project with DS (guide him through editing his flyer, then have him create a public FB post with it that I can share everywhere he's not allowed to join because he's not an adult/member. )  DS is working with a refugee crisis center here in Naples, Italy.  Yesterday's burrito sale was to raise money for fresh food and supplies he'll purchase in town.  This weekend is a big supply drive for shoes, socks, personal hygiene, cleaning supplies and shelf-stable food.  He's already complied a "shopping list" for customers at the commissary and the NEX, the flyer and shopping list will be passed out to customers as they enter (by the scouts and volunteers), and items collected will be dropped off there.  The online push is for people who have things at home they wish to drop off to donate.  Then, he needs to catalogue everything and prepare for delivery (I'm hoping to need 4 vans).  Once this is done, I have nothing left on my "to do" list that is of any major consequence.

Finalize details for our goodbye party (on Sunday, we think) -- we're hosting a Chick-fil-A party and teaching scouts and swim team families how to make it.  

I'm sure more odds and ends of things to do around the house -- but my list is growing short.  I have to leave something for the packers to do!!

• Like 7

Good morning!  Same old, same old.  Down to only 4 classes with DS14, and three involve major papers due next Friday.  So glad to be in the homestretch.

-coffee
-DS18 off to school
-school with DS14
-workout
-laundry DONE: 0
-work on baseball team party
-take parents to airport at 4
-dinner (no idea what at this point)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 6

Good morning!

Another sunny, gorgeous morning. Our apple and pear trees are in full bloom now and the plums just finished. There is a hot air balloon going over our house and my dogs are in an uproar over it. This happens on a near-daily basis, but they never get tired of barking their heads off at it.🙂

My car is in the shop today because the driver side AC isn't working - hoping it's a quick and inexpensive fix!

• remember to have dh stop at post office
  • school w/dd
  • office work (bills, finances)
  • send an RSVP
  • make a menu plan and grocery list
  • look at fridges on Lowe's site (looking for a cheap one to replace our spare fridge, which is on its last legs)
  • thrush treatment for one horse
  • order birthday gifts for dd
  • all the kitchen work I didn't get done yesterday, plus cut up a watermelon and use up bananas
  • dinner: Asian rainbow chickpea tacos > new recipe
  • Like 7

Good morning!

The usuals are done, and it's going to be a full day because I'm still tutoring.

• meals    breakfast and lunch done
  • tutor 4 students   2 students done 
  • ds do some independent school work
  • work on last lesson for Awana 
  • take ds to swim (in town now at our local, outdoor pool!)
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 7

Jean, sorry about the car! 
Lisa, your party idea sounds great, and your son's Eagle project sounds amazing! What a wonderful thing for him to do. Best of luck! 
Selkie, let us know about that recipe - sounds appetizing!
Amy, yay for local swim now! 

For me.....
coffee (in progress)
check forums, blogs, emails, etc.
clean sewing room (enough to be able to start the next project(s))
go pick up our mutts - MIL had them for our now-postponed vacation so time for them to come home; that's a 2 hr chunk of time midday
No Laundry, because it is currently ALL CAUGHT UP!!!! (if anyone has any idea how to make it stay that way, other than making everyone become newdists, lemme know.....) (yes I spelled it wrong on purpose to foil the spambots....)
come home, make sure middle DS is finishing up his Brit Lit stuff
maybe start the next sewing project, or maybe take a nap
go to the quilt swap for the Round Robin I was finishing last week
family is on their own for dinner, probably, but there is leftover spaghetti I threw together for the kids last night, and the stuff to make a steak salad we all love that I meant for last night but then DH took me out to dinner instead, so they can do either/both of those or something else entirely

• Like 6

Good morning!

Get kids started on school.  
Take dh to/from a medical appt.  
Pork tenderloin into marinade.  
Dd to/from play practice doneo
Ds to/from Science class (last one!) Stop at the bakery on the way.  
Pick up CSA box  
AHG calendar
Listen to a podcast  

Dinner - grilled pork tenderloin and veggies, and grits.  

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6

Good morning! Busy day here.

• coffee/paper
  • get admin things ready to be gone until Monday night-pay summer tennis?
  • write out instructions for the house sitter
  • write
  • school with ds3
  • lunch/grocery/bank
  • clean out black car- needs to get everyone and luggage to the airport on Thursday
  • clean out and gas up white car- needs to get me to Iowa to pick up ds2 on Wednesday
  • finish packing 
  • dinner- leftovers

Have a great day!

• Like 5

I did almost no work yesterday, nor over the weekend.  I am seriously behind on some things and need to get it together NOW.

• Slept pretty normal other than annoying alarms which I silenced.
  • Kid 1 up at 6am to do homework.
  • Kid 2 up, breakfast served, gym bag packed ....
  • Drove the kids to school so they had time to eat breakfast (& listen to audiobook in car).
  • Cleaned the kitchen, bathrooms, and some clutter.
  • Processed the clothes from the dryer.
  • A little reading.
  • Caught up on emails, news, social media.

To do:

• Much client work.
  • A little more reading.
  • Exercise.
  • Maybe run another load of laundry.
  • Kids' work.  They have a math test + usual homework due tomorrow.
  • Kid 2 has horse riding, then kid 1 has gymnastics.
  • Whatever else gets done.

But hey - only 11 more school mornings!!

• Like 7

Phase one of clean the sewing room done (cutting table, shelving); pausing for food, because in all the coffee drinking I forgot to eat food. ha! Not good. So, food, then either back to clean the rest, or get ready to go get dogs, depends how much dawdling I do while eating/watching TV.....as the next round will take longer than 30 mins, I am not feeling too guilty about saving it for when I get back from "pick up the  mutts" duty....

• Like 6

Ate food, grabbing my water and "wait in the car" bag, tossing in Thank You notes so I can write those while I wait on MIL to show up with the mutts. It'll be good to get them home; it never feels right when they're gone while we're here. 

Once home, Phase 2 of cleaning the sewing room, and then we'll see, nap or sew. DH & I were up late, and it was a LONG weekend, and I've not recovered from that yet. We'll see. I'd *like* to sew, but I learned a long time ago, no bueno when tired. 

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Selkie-  the dog boarding business where I help out has a puppy staying that looks just like your dogs. I thought of you while Juliet played with him. 

Aww! How fun for Juliet to have puppy playmates close by.

Ollie and Bluebell have a birthday coming up in a few weeks. Two years old already! They still act like goofy puppies, though.

• Like 6

human care is done

pet care is done

medical care is done - meds, magnesium especially since I am still pushing that, PT exercises

recorded food in my food log and also exercise

dd has headed off to coffee shop school by herself today.  I'm going to try to get this house in some semblance of order.  Starting. . . now!

• Like 4

back from getting the mutts home, nap complete

plans to clean phase 2 of the sewing room on hold, b/c DH is unexpectedly home really early but needs to work from home which means my job is to sit in the same room and "keep him company" while he works; now, he won't actually talk to me much, and he'll *say* go do what I need to, and I *may* talk him into going upstairs and working up there, but in the meantime I'll sit, have a snack, visit with him a few minutes, and then decide

Sounds from upstairs suggest oldest is napping and younger 2 are hanging out; I need to interrupt and remind middle that he does, in fact, have to do the Brit Lit stuff.....

• Like 4

Talked dd2 down from AP stress ledge. Her teacher basically encouraged her to not take the test. Because I guess the dyslexic girl with processing speed issues might bring down the class average. She is so mad and upset and sick of school and having to work twice as hard as all her friends. And all these tests, AP and SAT are practically designed to make her feel stupid.

Sigh. She said she is going to take the test anyway and if she wrecks the class average, she does not care. Ironically, she has the second highest average in the class.

Almost done, almost done with this year.

• Sad 3

31 minutes ago, MysteryJen said:

Talked dd2 down from AP stress ledge. Her teacher basically encouraged her to not take the test. Because I guess the dyslexic girl with processing speed issues might bring down the class average. She is so mad and upset and sick of school and having to work twice as hard as all her friends. And all these tests, AP and SAT are practically designed to make her feel stupid.

Sigh. She said she is going to take the test anyway and if she wrecks the class average, she does not care. Ironically, she has the second highest average in the class.

Almost done, almost done with this year.

That teacher is a piece of work. 

• Like 3

I got zapped by a migraine that left me feeling like a slug all day.🐌 Looked for a slug emoji, but this is the closest I could find.

I did manage to get done:

• a couple loads of laundry
  • a few work things
  • cleaned kitchen
  • ordered office supplies
  • ordered a gift for my niece
  • placed an order from Adagio Teas
  • horse chores, grooming, thrush treatment

My car AC is fixed - yay!

Decided this is not the night to try a new recipe, so I'm making Buddha bowls instead.

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 3

Well I got a few things out, including one big project that has been weighing on my mind for weeks.

I still have a lot to do, but my daughter and I both want to go for a walk.  So I'm taking a break.

Also - I did some cleaning in my room and washed my bedding.  I felt like the mess was making it harder for me to think and prioritize.  My comforter is still in the washer, and I'm not sure it's gonna dry properly in our dryer.  Might have been a mistake to wash that.  But on the bright side, I don't exactly need it at this time of year.

I am so sick of clutter.  I'm about reaching the limit of how much I can stand before I do a major purge.  Hope I get time for one soon.

Oh, and I keep remembering more and more things that are due May 15.  Tax filings, reports, payments, applications, ....  I should probably make a list so I don't forget anything....

• Like 4

Dinner was good! 

Did a bunch of prep cooking, made ds a snack and tidied kitchen and reset the table.

Dw snd laundry running.

Gave dd a benadryl and sent her to bed. She has a bad cold and has been blowing her nose all day. 

Milk cooler is ready to go for tomorrow. 

Did about an hr of AHG stuff, mostly by text. Ugh.

Next up: read and go to bed!

• Like 2

Went for a walk with Kid 2, and also tried out her new bike, and taught her some basic wisdom about gears and hand brakes.

Helped Kid 1 finish her homework.

Laid out ant poison in the kids' bathroom.

Now I need to go to bed, so I can wake Kid 1 up early to study for a math test.

• Like 1