Menu

Literature + History combined?

Is there a curriculum that combines history/literature together through HS? We already do IEW for writing, but want to do more literature this year. I want to combine it with history, preferably US history at his request. He is a STEM kid, so want to make this fun but also help him become more well-rounded.

There are several:

Beautiful Feet

BiblioPlan

Tapestry of Grace

Trisms

Wayfarers

My Father's World

If you would rather put the course together yourself and you have a copy of TWTM, there you'll find a recommendation for a history spine as well as a book list that correlates to the period of history your son will be studying. Hope this helps.

Simplify Homeschool by one of our boardies has the first year of hopefully a multi year secular history and lit combined. It is called Global Perspective Studies. The first year focuses on Africa and East and South Asia, and I think the second will be European Lit.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SanDiegoMom in VA said:

Simplify Homeschool by one of our boardies has the first year of hopefully a multi year secular history and lit combined. It is called Global Perspective Studies. The first year focuses on Africa and East and South Asia, and I think the second will be European Lit.   

Thanks for the info!  GPS looks perfect for our family.  

• Like 2

Thanks for the shout out for GPS! You can find it here:
https://simplify4you.com/gps/

Obviously, I'm going to be biased in favor of the program I wrote. But since the OP mentioned a STEM student, while the book choices are a little unusual for the 9th grade year, she should look at BYL 9 as well because it combines prehistory and science-themed lit for evolution and other related topics. Since BYL is also science, you'd need to cut the science and also tweak the writing since you do IEW.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2019 at 1:39 PM, Farrar said:

Thanks for the shout out for GPS! You can find it here:
https://simplify4you.com/gps/

Obviously, I'm going to be biased in favor of the program I wrote. But since the OP mentioned a STEM student, while the book choices are a little unusual for the 9th grade year, she should look at BYL 9 as well because it combines prehistory and science-themed lit for evolution and other related topics. Since BYL is also science, you'd need to cut the science and also tweak the writing since you do IEW.

I apologize for sounding crass. Will the GPS program go on sale any time before October? I really like the look of the program, but as a PDF it has no resale value and it is so new there aren't really any reviews. I'm hesitant to spend the $99. 

40 minutes ago, Melissa B said:

I apologize for sounding crass. Will the GPS program go on sale any time before October? I really like the look of the program, but as a PDF it has no resale value and it is so new there aren't really any reviews. I'm hesitant to spend the $99. 

I run Simplify with Farrar. We will be running a sale starting on Monday for Memorial Day. The sale will run for one week and GPS will be 10% off during the sale.