Menu

I Am Old Enough to...

TechWife

13 hours ago, lynn said:

To remember blue light specials and lunch counters.

Put playing cards on my bicycle spokes with a clothes pins

have a 4 digit  phone number and dial on a rotary.

turn the tv UPN(?) to watch shows after school.

I used to make the blue light special announcements.  Kmart was my job in high school and summer breaks from the first year or two of college.

It's actually been relatively recently that we've gotten a Walmart near us.  NJ was one of the last states they came to and they were in South Jersey for a few years before they came up north.

15 hours ago, Ottakee said:

I also remember when MTV started.....and they actually showed music videos.

My roommates and I were very excited to watch the world premiere of the Thriller video on MTV. We also watched a "making of" documentary about We Are The World. 

I'm old enough to have had roller skates with a key. These

With HBO's new Chernobyl miniseries and a book that came out recently dh and I were talking about how it was the Swedes who first detected the radiation and how the Soviet government was first denying it happened, then denying it was serious.

I came across this (11 Modern antiques kids today have never seen) when looking for a good picture of the roller skates and key. I remember all except the milk chute. We did however, have a metal milkbox on the front porch. You put your empty bottles in it the night before delivery day and the milkman would replace it with full bottles of milk in the morning. I hated milk. Still hate it. 

• Like 3