Menu

Is there an online high school math program that caters to students who need more scaffolding and regular check - ins?

My daughter is very good at math and did very well teaching herself Geometry using Teaching Textbooks this year.  It was one very lonely year though! And with our free live-in math tutor going to college next year (WE ARE....PENN STATE)....she and I will definitely need a solid plan that includes a regular teacher and interaction.

Generally speaking my daughter doesn't do well with online classes, however she did really well with His Creation Science which I noticed:

1.  Uses the work in the book ONLY and does not pull in outside links and resources

2.  Uses the book extensively- all of the reviews, homework questions, etc. were assigned and consistently checked over in class.

3.  Was not a college level (discussion based) or flipped classroom.

4. There was positive uplifting twice a week interaction with students and teacher, to keep her motivated 

5.  Teacher was responsive and answered questions within 15 hours or so, give or take changes for time zones basically by the end of the day or the next morning.  

We don't have a lot of options locally except Mathnasium which does work, but it's 500/month which is rather steep to say the least 🙂

• Like 1

Nobody has replied so I am bumping this for you.  Since your Free Tutor is going off to university, possibly paying a Math tutor for her would be the answer?  I do not believe she would do well with an Asynchronous Online course.  It needs to be something with deadlines to keep her on track.  She needs a Timeline and Self-Discipline to be successful in Asynchronous courses.  Remember KhanAcademy.com and I think there was another web site my DD used if she got confused or needed another explanation about how to do something.  Congrats on the enrollment to Penn State!