Menu

Open house today......give your thoughts, prayers, juju, whatever

DawnM

5 hours ago, happi duck said:

The wreath worked!!

(This was the house that needed a front door wreath for staging, correct?)

YES!  

It will have to go to my new house too.

5 hours ago, Ali in OR said:

And before your ds comes home! Congratulations!

I know!  Right down to the wire.  He comes home this Friday.

• Like 4

This is the family who loved the quirky layout.  

Downstairs master for parents

Downstairs office next to master for 90+ year old mother in law so she can be right near them.  She will use their bathroom for showering so they can help her.

Upstairs works perfectly for their daughter on one side and grand-daughter on the other, so grand-daughter can have a bedroom and bonus playroom.

Who knew?

• Like 13

On 5/19/2019 at 12:56 PM, DawnM said:

I think so, but the realtor said she would handle that question.  She gave their realtor a copy of the CCRs?  I think that is Covenants and Restrictions?  for the area.

The people who live behind our property have a large pig, two shetland ponies, and a dog.  The people next to us used to have 5 horses.  

Some areas are stupid. I’m in love with a house in a small (compared to mine) development where a high percentage of properties keep horses. And yet chickens aren’t allowed. Pigs or goats, either. I can’t understand it at all.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Carrie12345 said:

Some areas are stupid. I’m in love with a house in a small (compared to mine) development where a high percentage of properties keep horses. And yet chickens aren’t allowed. Pigs or goats, either. I can’t understand it at all.

Still haven't found out if they can have a goat.  I know behind us the neighbors have a pot bellied pig, two Shetland ponies, and a dog.  How do I know this?  Because when they bought the house, they tore down part of the fence back there and all their animals kept getting in our yard!  We would have to go over there and tell them to come get them.

One day that pig came over yet again and I told my husband, "That is it, I am getting free bacon!" 🤣

I didn't, I told them, but that was the day my DH went back there and fixed THEIR fence for them.  

They liked our yard better because we had more grass, but they would poop in our yard and my dog is a hunting dog and would roll in it!   We have enough problems with her rolling in deer, rabbit, and turtle poop, all of which can be found at various times, wild, on our property.

• Haha 2

30 people came to see our house (or thereabouts, I kind of lost track.)

26 of them said the layout didn't work for them (VINDICATION!  I have hated the layout!)

4 of them said the fence (post and beam farm style) needed fixing.  DH said, "Nope, not dealing with it, the new owners can do whatever they want with it."

New (almost) owners love the layout, but said they won't move in until the fence is fixed.  More vindication.

Just saying all this because my husband really does need to start listening to me! 😂😂

(not husband bashing, really, just feeling the "told you so!" today)

And we close the house on our 24th wedding anniversary, so......

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, DawnM said:

My house sold today.  

If anybody cares. 🙂

oh wow!!  You've already gone to closing?!!!  How exciting.  So happy for you.  You must be so relieved.  

❤️

edited to add... I just finished reading the rest of the thread.... you have a GREAT offer.  Congratulations... closing is coming fast.   

Edited by PrincessMommy
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, PrincessMommy said:

oh wow!!  You've already gone to closing?!!!  How exciting.  So happy for you.  You must be so relieved.  

❤️

edited to add... I just finished reading the rest of the thread.... you have a GREAT offer.  Congratulations... closing is coming fast.   

No, we accepted the offer, no closing yet.  Closing on July 1st.

18 minutes ago, lmrich said:

Congratulations! Now to find the perfect house. If your realtor is out of town this week, use another one so you have time to negotiate and get an inspection, etc... 

We have a house we plan to make an offer on today.  We are kind of going to lowball even though it is a good price already (but high for us).  She will do it for us, before she left we signed the offer so she can send it while she is away.

She took us out Saturday to look at 6 houses.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DawnM said:

This is the family who loved the quirky layout.  

Downstairs master for parents

Downstairs office next to master for 90+ year old mother in law so she can be right near them.  She will use their bathroom for showering so they can help her.

Upstairs works perfectly for their daughter on one side and grand-daughter on the other, so grand-daughter can have a bedroom and bonus playroom.

Who knew?

So cool that the layout is perfect for them!

• Like 1

And last night, around 10pm, we bought a house!

It is a house we have been looking at since Feb.  Long story short, divorced couple, couldn't agree on any sales price for a year, and hence have had to lower it and lower it because the higher offers they had gotten they turned down, etc....

We offered even less.  They wouldn't come down much at all.  But we agreed to meet in the middle if they would budge.  They didn't want to, but our realtors are kind of buddies and he told them that they could hold on to it (with no one in it) another few months to a year or they could get it off their hands right now.  They finally agreed.

So, we have a house to move into!  And YES!  It has a POOL!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by DawnM
  • Like 11

We have a house behind us, on 8 acres.  They kept 4 and sold the empty area behind us a few years ago.  A family built a house back there about 2 years ago.  Most of us have post and beam fences.    The new neighbors decided to rip theirs out last month.  I TOLD DH to go ask if we could have the fencing as ours needed repairs and putting in new stuff would stand out terribly.

He didn't.  And one day we drove by and it was all gone.  Dh said, "I am going to leave the fence as is anyway, the new owners can fix it."  

So, what stipulation did the new owners put in the contract?  Yup!  Repair all broken fence areas!  We tried to even give them $$ instead but they wanted it fixed!

Yesterday, DH went to 3 different home improvement stores looking for parts.  Finally found some.  $14 per beam, but he got about 10 of them to start and figured he may need more as he goes.

He and my son went out to start on the fence and the neighbor next door comes over (we share that side of the fence) and says, "Oh, hey, when the new neighbors ripped up their fence last month I took all of it, since we share a fence, want it so it can match?"  😱🤭😜😄

So, DH will take back what he bought and we can repair it for free and the neighbor is even helping with it since part of it is also his!~ . SCORE!

(I figure he either wants the fence repaired or he really wants us gone!  HAHAHA!  Either way, we get free fencing and help!)

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, DawnM said:

And last night, around 10pm, we bought a house!

It is a house we have been looking at since Feb.  Long story short, divorced couple, couldn't agree on any sales price for a year, and hence have had to lower it and lower it because the higher offers they had gotten they turned down, etc....

We offered even less.  They wouldn't come down much at all.  But we agreed to meet in the middle if they would budge.  They didn't want to, but our realtors are kind of buddies and he told them that they could hold on to it (with no one in it) another few months to a year or they could get it off their hands right now.  They finally agreed.

So, we have a house to move into!  And YES!  It has a POOL!!!!!!!!!!

I want the party emoji back!  So happy for you, Dawn!

• Like 3

Just now, Junie said:

I want the party emoji back!  So happy for you, Dawn!

Thank you.  I appreciate all of you being so happy for me.  

I have lived in my current house longer than I have lived in any house in my entire life!  Being a child of foreign missionaries, we moved so much, and honestly, I struggle to stay "settled" it feels like I am trapped.  And so when I bought this current house I just had no idea we would stay here this long and I can put up with almost anything for a couple of years......

So, this time, I picked a house I am ok to stay in for the next 12-15 years, probably until retirement.

• Like 5