Menu

Want to see our parent cheer performance?

Dmmetler

I hope someone got a video of the chant/set up. All teams have their own rituals and chants done backstage, their own song to walk in on, many teams have songs they sing together, etc, and we pretty much borrowed the rituals from the various teams and individual kids (for example, my DD did one particular combination of dance moves right before going into the circle for the chant every time they go full out, so I did those. )

One of the the most fun things about this was that many of the parents appeared to be channeling their kids. They had the same facial expressions and behaviors when in stunts, etc that their kids do. 

We are planning to do a regular parent class/team next season-we all had fun, it’s good exercise, and it’s not like we aren’t there anyway. 

• Like 9

I move a lot-I'm most visible during the jumps sequence, where I'm almost exactly in the middle a few rows back. I have blindingly white shoes (because I borrowed DD's :) ).

23 minutes ago, chocolate-chip chooky said:

I was thinking that too. Even a somersault would leave me a bit queasy these days 🙂 

The first one I did made me see stars. It got better with practice. And yes, it hurt-lots of Epsom salts and Advil 🙂

Edited by dmmetler
  • Like 1